Menu
Kosh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't Get Hub 3.0 Upgrade

I received a letter last week stating I must upgrade (for free) to Hub 3.0, or else my broadband will stop working after the 30 April 2017. It stated they contacted before, not as far as I can tell, but that is another thing.

So I go to the url, virginmedia.com/hubupgrade, put in my last name, house # & postcode all of them correct (they have not changed since I joined ~ 11 years ago), click on Choose Delivery Date and then get the message: 

Sorry, we can't find you in our system. Please check your details and try again.

**bleep**.

Seriously **bleep**.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Get Hub 3.0 Upgrade

do you have a bill from them anywhere that you can check what they think your details are, maybe they have misspelt your last name or something..

If you can get that to work then its a lot easier then phoning as people have found that when they phone to try and do it they get charged...

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too got a letter and went to the join the free hub upgrade page and got the same message " Sorry we can`t find you in our system " so I called and was was rudely told why are you trying to get this hub, its not for you  !, I  put the phone down , will not be spoken to by anyone like that. Went to webchat and got Sagar who informed me you wont get it as your on 50mbs and you have a SH2.

So why send the letter and why waste peoples time. Approx over an hr to deal with it. Shame VM your really loosing the plot. 

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A space that's not inserted into the postcode, usually returns an addressing error on the database

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah we tried that too, but still gave the same error message. Sagar at VM  said you can get the SH3 if you upgrade to the 200mb gamer !. At this point I was rolling on the floor in hysterics. Please don`t insult us.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kosh,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble processing this. :/

I can certainly help to get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bingley,

Sorry to hear this.

I've had a look at the offer system in relation to your account and I am unable to locate any free upgrades at present available for you.

If you've received a letter from us indicating this change though, this should become available for you to process soon.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos