Menu
Ellied93
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cable repull

A guy came to set up our wifi a few days ago, but wasn't able to set anything up as we need to book a slot for a cable re-pull. Any idea on how much this costs please? We are renting and landlord needs to know before we carry on. Many Thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable repull

hiya @Ellied93 the repull is free of charge, this basically means replacing the cable from the property externally to local cabinet, drop point, rather strange the engineer should have booked this for you, i would be having a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to check if there is anything booked
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ellied93 wrote:
Thank you for your reply! They had booked an appointment, we have 4 weeks to wait. Would you know if someone has to be at home for when they do the re-pull? Or will they just be working outside the house?

The re-pull itself is an external job and they will leave at your end a coil of cable outside the property ready for the separate installation team to connect up to the external junction box and through your wall to the inside.  So your presence should not be necessary for the re-pull.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i would making sure somebody who is over 18 be in the property just in case they need access to the omni box (external box on wall)
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Ellied93 the repull is free of charge, this basically means replacing the cable from the property externally to local cabinet, drop point, rather strange the engineer should have booked this for you, i would be having a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to check if there is anything booked
Ellied93
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply! They had booked an appointment, we have 4 weeks to wait. Would you know if someone has to be at home for when they do the re-pull? Or will they just be working outside the house?
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ellied93 wrote:

The re-pull itself is an external job and they will leave at your end a coil of cable outside the property ready for the separate installation team to connect up to the external junction box and through your wall to the inside.  So your presence should not be necessary for the re-pull.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i would making sure somebody who is over 18 be in the property just in case they need access to the omni box (external box on wall)
0 Kudos
Ellied93
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help guys!
0 Kudos
NewCustomer08
Just joined
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A few weeks ago i had a new installation booked, TV package broadband and phone, one engineer turned up on a Sunday morning and said there was a break in the cable from the T junction at the back of my garden to the box outside my window "4 meters away" I even offered to help him dig it up as i'm also an Electrical Engineer.

As he didn't want to dig up the old cable and lay a new cable he sent the job back and today 9 days later another guy turns up by himself, and says oh it needs a new cable! no **** batman.... we got a text confirming a new cable was due to be installed yesterday.

Today he has piggy backed the connection from the neighbors feed, might just cancel it and go with Sky. 

0 Kudos
oldukmale
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer come out and said I needed a cable repull. A date was booked and RIP OF GLOBAL was their usual inefficient selves, an engineer came to reconnect my services which hadn't been disconnected. The appointment was 8 to 1, no show I called they said they will call back within the hour, after over 2  hoursI called them, then they said they had been, no card or knock to say they had been, and needs local authority permission to dig the pavement up. Again it was me chasing them up.  Your very lucky as I have been told 6 to 8 weeks.

So again no communication from a don't give a monkey's to customer service communication company.

0 Kudos
oldukmale
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable repull update

I have since found out that that with my council all that Global Rip Off has to do is give 3 days notice for the relaying of the cable.

I also found out that they had put in the notice 4 days earlier and so could have done it.

So if they come the same story of we have to wait for councils permission then check and if like mine there is no wait.

0 Kudos