Menu
scoobiesnacks
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street has stopped working just for my postcode

I registered with Cable my street. I got the usual email saying to wait.

Then at the start of January I got an email saying this:

we will soon supercharge M20 2TL
We wanted to keep you in the loop with our latest developments in your area. And the great news is, we’re expanding our network to where you live.

This email made sense, as streets near to me (but a different postcode) have recently been getting Virgin Cable installed in the run up to Christmas 2016.

Those emails continued for a few weeks, then mysteriously stopped.

Now when I go to Cable My Street, if I enter my postcode it crashes the website, but other postcodes will work.

So the question is , are you or aren't you going to Cable my street?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street has stopped working for just my postcode

HI scoobiesnacks,

Sorry that you've had difficulties with this. 

Cable My Street does work for me though. I entered your postcode manually and wonder if you've accidentally put inserted the letter O instead of the number 0? It's a common enough mistake to make and I can't think of any other reason why it's causing problems for you.

I tried via Google Chrome - if you use a different browser perhaps you could give Chrome a try?

Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
scoobiesnacks
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It recognises the postcode correctly, lets me select my house, but it gives no result , it just says

"We’re expanding our optical fibre network to deliver a broadband and entertainment boost to communities across the UK. "

So that doesn't tell me either how to register interest for my street (which it used to) or whether it is actually coming to my street (I'd expect it to, given you've sent me emails saying it is coming).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi scoobiesnacks

I appreciate you coming back to us to confirm what is happening.

Does the site allow you to register your address manually?

If you can try this on the Cable My Street link and pop to the bit illustrated below, then let us know if this works for you, that would be fab Smiley Happy

The postcode in the image is just a random one chosen for illustration purposes.

Keep us posted.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos