Menu
Bazza525
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable install

Thinking about having Virgin installed. The Full Bundle, with the new TiVo box.  The green Virgin box is in the street about 60 metres away. Question, do they install fibre cable into the property and direct to the Hub? Any restrictions on the engineer and where he can fit the cable inside the property? In my case, the cable would need to be fitted to the skirting then fed across the first stair step, under the stair carpet, which would have to be lifted, then to the AV unit and Hub.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable install

Bazza525 wrote:

Thinking about having Virgin installed. The Full Bundle, with the new TiVo box.  The green Virgin box is in the street about 60 metres away. Question, do they install fibre cable into the property and direct to the Hub? Any restrictions on the engineer and where he can fit the cable inside the property? In my case, the cable would need to be fitted to the skirting then fed across the first stair step, under the stair carpet, which would have to be lifted, then to the AV unit and Hub.

====================================================================================================

Certainly, when I had it done they wired it to box on outside house wall  - ran the cable up the wall and then into the required upstairs room for TV and Brodband hub. Also from the box a cable was run around the house for the TV downstairs.

ALL, well-done , neatly and tidily ... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable install

Unless you are in a new cable area Virgin operates fibre to hub cabinet. BB/TV is then delivered to customers via high grade coaxial cable not fibre.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos