Menu
benek
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable from street to house needs to be moved

… this is a question I want to direct to Virgin staff.

My Virgin cable passes through the front garden of my neighbour's property before coming into mine. My neighbour is having work done to their front garden and they need my cable moved out of the way, basically removed from their property. I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and do this properly, but I was unsure about how to go about arranging that. I know that Virgin can charge for things like this, but this is something for which I don't think I shouldn't be charged as it was Virgin who decided to lay the cable through my neighbour's property in the first place.

A couple of years back when I was experiencing continued problems with my Virgin connection, the Virgin engineers ended up plugging my cable into the connection on my neighbour's side (or something like that). I think they had to replace the cable under the street… Anyhow, as a result they passed my cable through my neighbour's front garden. Mine is a normal house in a normal street and there's nothing blocking the access to my property, so there's no reason why the cable can't be fed directly into my front garden.

I know I can call Virgin, but phoning usually leads me down a labyrinth of options, takes up more time than is necessary and I usually end up banging my head against a wall and speaking to someone in India who hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about which is why I'm asking here…

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable from street to house needs to be moved

Hi benek,

I shall be happy to arrange for an engineer to visit you. He should be able to inspect what needs to be done and then escalate internally so that a 2-person team can be scheduled to do the necessary work.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and shall book the appointment as soon as I get your reply. 
But do please keep me updated on what happens. If, for any reason, further help is required I'll be happy to get in touch with the engineering team local to you.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos