Menu
JCE_KT2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable from pavement - cover needed

Can anyone please let me know how I can get one of these plastic covers?Can anyone please let me know how I can get one of these plastic covers?

Hi All,

My Virginmedia cable is exposed as it comes out of the pavement and through my new front garden wall. This is very tempting to passing school children, and perhaps some adults, to examine and maybe damage.

I explained to customer services exactly what I needed and asked that they send me the brown plastic cover so that I could screw it to my wall. I discovered that Virgin do not send out this part, but a £100 call out charge would be required!

Virgin Customer Services eventually very kindly waived the fee and a technician visit was booked. Unfortunately when he arrived he did not have the part on his van. I discovered that the part I need is only carried by the "cablepullers". It seems that if I don't need their services I can't have one.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these covers

Originally I was a Virgin.net customer in the late 1990's and came back to Virginmedia in June 2010 when I decided to have the premium fibre optic broadband delivery (obviously before these covers came into general use).

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable from pavement - cover needed

Your cable will probably be alright. In our area there are loads of exposed cables from original installations by Cable London, it’s only the newer installations that get the covers. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
JCE_KT2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tudor,

I'm sure you won't be surprised that I'm really not happy that my cable will just "probably be alright", and to highlight the fact that newer customers get a better deal gives me no satisfaction at all!!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It gives me no satisfaction that new customers always get a better deal. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
mr_ian
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

http://bfy.tw/F3L4 Smiley Happy

Various similar things or go to an electrical trade outlet and ask for a single length of external conduit, a few clips and a cable entry box. (If they don't have "half moon/180 degree conduit you can always cut it down one length and feed the cable through the "cut"). Tenner should do it
0 Kudos