Menu
Moh77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable feed from neighbors

I live in a simi ditached property since I moved in last year, I had the VM service before I moved to my new house also and when an engineer came to do the installation on august 2015 he discovered that I don't have direct feed from the street and can't have my subscription at that time (bb &tivo) and logged a card for the infrastructure team to come and dig the street which they did after two months waiting, after that they sent an engineer to hook me up just to discover that no cable was put just the digging and I was so disappointed that the engineer suggested I share my neighbors connection as temporary measure (I disconnected the TiVo) until my own line been put, now my line in comes via the next door neighbours junction box from where they get their feed in from the main cable on the road after more than one and a half year and I start to see that this shouldn't been happen from the first place but was promised it was only temporary. Last week I was talking to my neighbor and he mentioned that since I was using their junction box the internet was never the same before I came!! So I feel kinda responsible for this situation.
Can anybody please help in this matter.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable feed from neighbors

Hi Moh77,

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch about the problems you have had with your installation. I am very sorry to hear that the installation has been delayed and understand your frustration with the postponement of your direct cable service fitting, especially as you have been set up on a shared connection with your neighbour.  

I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation.

Checking into this, I can see that we have now scheduled in a date for the work to connect the cable direct to your property. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sharing a connection should be temporary but sometimes becomes much longer term - that said it should not affect either connection - if something is wrong then that suggests a fault or wrong power levels - you could post the upstream and downstream levels

whilst the above is true you should push for your own connection - if the ducting now exists its a matter of your own cable being pulled from the street cab - staff here may be able to help but reading old posts it always seems to be difficult - phone and push that way 

Tony
0 Kudos
Moh77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tony. Agree with you
I already phoned vm for the problem and they gave me the regular answer that they are waiting for subcontractor to tell them the job is done! They forgot about this for more than a year and till now waiting for a word back!!! It's just unbelievable. If the subcontractor got his money for the job then it's completed and I doubt that a subcontractor will be waiting for a year not to get paid! It's just they never confirmed the completion in system and vm never chased them about it sinc I never complained.
Any how they said that within a week a confirmation should be back for the job and they can start the next step, I suspect it will be next year maybe for a line to my house.
Will see
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Moh77,

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch about the problems you have had with your installation. I am very sorry to hear that the installation has been delayed and understand your frustration with the postponement of your direct cable service fitting, especially as you have been set up on a shared connection with your neighbour.  

I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation.

Checking into this, I can see that we have now scheduled in a date for the work to connect the cable direct to your property. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos