Menu
akc42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cabinet in road has front cover off

The virgin media cabinet in my road has its front cover missing.  I tried to call the help line number to tell them about it, and eventually (after lots of messages and difficulties) got through to someone who said they couldn't deal with it and to ring a number which they gave me (and which I double checked with them).  I tried ringing that number, but all I get is "There is a fault".

I thought the next best thing was to try and report it here. So thats what Im doing.  The code number on the outside of the cabinet is C7J A001, and I am in the Purley Area South of Croydon.  Can anyone from Virgin Media deal with this, or alternatively tell me how to actually read someone who can.

This isn't entirely altruistic on my part.  I can see the weather (or just some passer by) getting into the cabinet in the near future and ruining my internet connection.  So I want to get it fixed

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cabinet in road has front cover off

Hi akc42,

Thanks for the info on the other cabinet. I'll make sure the field checks it out too.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi akc42 it can take a week or 1 weeks for virgin media staff to get back to you on here just keep on ringing is my best option

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi akc42,

Thanks for posting!

I've reported this to Our Cabinet maintenance team. They should get this sorted within the new few days.

If it still hasn't been sorted after a few days, drop me a message and I'll chase it up.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
akc42
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has happened as of another week

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi akc42,

Thanks for posting!

I've reported this to Our Cabinet maintenance team. They should get this sorted within the new few days.

If it still hasn't been sorted after a few days, drop me a message and I'll chase it up.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
akc42
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Another two weeks and still nothing has happened

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi akc42,

Thanks for posting an update! I'm really sorry this hasn't work been completed yet.

I have sent an email to the Field Manager in your area to escalate this further and to get it resolved as soon as possible. I'll get back to you when I have an update from the field.

Josh

0 Kudos
akc42
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for dealling with this. I was out for a walk this morning and round the corner in a side road, I came across another cabinet C7J A004 which similarly has its cover off, except someone has used electrical tape to tape it back partially across the cabinet front. You might want to let the field manager know about that one too.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We had a same problem in our area, Told an engineer who was in our street, nothing happened.

Posted in this forum, Nothing happened.

Emailed the CEO of VM after a google search, they contacted me same day, and fixed the next day.

Why does it take emailing the CEO, to get things done, some of the MODS on this site need to get there act in order.
Fire and forget emails to an area manager is just not good enough.

Its a Health and Safety issue, if a child touched something in there that was LIVE, the press would have a field day. 

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi akc42,

Thanks for the info on the other cabinet. I'll make sure the field checks it out too.

Josh

akc42
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The one outside my house, at least - don't know about the other - has been fixed :-)
0 Kudos