Menu
katylou143
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT - I WOULD LIKE VIRGIN MEDIA TO RESPOND HERE

Good afternoon

I have tried numerous times to get in contact with Virgin Media, twice when I have mentioned the word complaint on the telephone, I get put on hold or "put through" to the complaints department to then someone picks up and hangs up the telephone. I also tried contacting Virgin Media on Twitter to no avail, and the person on the other end rather unhelpful, and unwilling to resolve my issue. There also does not seem to be any email whereby I can send my query, and every time I try and use the chat to an advisor, its is always saying no one is available and to "try back later".

I was due to be connected up for phone, broadband and TV on the 23rd December, however the engineer was unable to get access to a service cupboard in the communal hallway of my flat (private and not housing association) and needed a key in order to connect up.  I'm glad the engineer told me that he was unable to complete the job that day because he wasn't willing to partake in his managers instructions to just "break the door down" and that "they do it all the time". I would not expect anyone to be so disrespectful in to create any sort of damage to my new property, especially when they are representing a company. He called up his manager saying I wasn't happy for him to "break down the door" whilst I was stood there, and I heard the whole conversation, to which the manager said "no you don't tell the customer that".  It is to my disgust how this is deemed acceptable?  It also concerns me this sounds to be common practice, and one of your managers is happy in advising employees to partake in criminal damage!

I am intrigued to a response, as this does not leave me in high hopes with Virgin for the future by this behaviour, and the experience I have received with customer service.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT - I WOULD LIKE VIRGIN MEDIA TO RESPOND HERE

Hi, just so that you're aware -this is a cummunity forum.

While some contributors to the forum work for VM and will be along to start a conversation with you it may be a few days before you get a response from them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi katylou143

Many thanks for your forum post to us and a warm welcome to the community.

I appreciate you explaining about the situation with the installation and the access issues and yes, we absolutely do not condone damaging property in order for us to access the necessary infrastructure to complete an installation.

I'd like to feed this back and escalate this to the relevant teams. For me to do so I need to take some further details form you. I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the up on the top right of the forums.

If you could drop back a reply to me on this, that would be brillaint.

Many thanks and catch you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
maureenhope
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i would like an engineer to come and look at some loose cable that is outside our flats at station road forest hall newcastle upon tyne ne12 8aq

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

please don't post your address on a public forum

0 Kudos