Menu
wildcard
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brown External Box falling off the wall - how to get it fixed

My installation took place yesterday. The guys who set it up did a good job hiding the cable in the front garden etc so no complaints there, but the screws connecting the brown external box to the wall have worked loose and I'm concerned it will cause problems with the wiring. I'm sure it is a simple job of opening the box and either tightening or replacing the screw but I'm aware it is Virgin Media property and I don't want to invalidate anything. Can any one affer any advice as to who I can contact (preferably by e-mail as I haven't got hours to spare waiting on the call centre and the online chat never seems to be anything other than busy) to get someone out to make the necessary repair, especially as it was only fitted yesterday.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown External Box falling off the wall - how to get it fixed

hiya @wildcard welcome to the virginmedia community forum, sadly no email contact available, you could wait a few days for the forum admin to pick this up and arrange a tech visit via the community forum..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wildard,

Really sorry for not reaching you sooner, hope the wait wasn't too tedious.

To address the issue of the loose omni-box we'll just need to arrange an engineer visit for you. And, whilst he's there, he can take a look at your Hub's power levels - the downstreams are too high whilst the upstreams are on the low side.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment for you.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wildcard,

Thanks for that. Engineer all booked as per my PM so hopefully this matter should be sorted out for you. Do please post an update to confirm it's fixed or to let us know if you require any additional support.

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team

wildcard
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Jen_A an engineer came as promised and fixed the box back to the wall. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wildcard wrote:

Thanks to Jen_A an engineer came as promised and fixed the box back to the wall. Thanks again.

So now the building will fall down but the box will remain intact.     Smiley Surprised  Smiley LOL

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wildcard,

That's good to hear Smiley Happy Thanks for posting an update as I like to know how things turn out.
Make sure you use us/this Forum again if you need any more support with anything else,

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team