Menu
normski247
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Why does it seem impossible to get my broadband sorted after having it installed nearly 4mths ago and several engineer visits?
Customer service is extremely sub standard and unable to answer questions and can only send engineer's that fail to permanently sort this out.
I've had major surgery and im so stressed out with constantly phoning virgin media.
This situation is so unfair.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi normski247, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your broadband since the installation. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005002515, some of the equipment in the exchange is damaged and the engineers are working on getting it fixed as soon as they can. 

I will keep an eye on this issue for you and let you know as soon as I know more. The current review date is 20/01/2017 so I will take another look at this for you on the 21st as that is the next time I will be in. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
normski247
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just a shame that I've had SEVERAL call outs since installation and have now been without anything for a week. This should've been spotted at time of installation particularly when the internal engineers told me several time there was an area fault which had a temp fix and i was connected directly to the amplifier which is NOT NORMAL PROCEDURE which shows there was an external network issue which he there was a suggestion it shouldn't have been installed until this was fixed. I left sky for virginmedia and i had NO ISSUES IN 4yrs. I've had countless issues in 4mths. Compensation springs to mind with a better package deal or i will SERIOUSLY consider canceling my contract and taking the matter further. The repaired time has gone from same night fix to Tuesday at 2.05pm and now to 20th 2.05pm. WHAT NEXT?
You urgently need to restore my faith and quite frankly the way virginmedia have dealt with this whilst i recover from MAJOR surgery is disgusting.
If you doubt me check the records on my a/c
0 Kudos
normski247
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY THE DATE/TIME GIVEN I HAVE SHOWN GREAT PATIENCE AND I HAVE GIVEN UP. ENGINEER WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME ON WEDNESDAY WITH AN UPDATE PROMISED MY YOUR COLLEAGUE ......... SUPRISE I HAD TO PHONE UP TODAY THURSDAY AS NOBODY CALLED. AM I SURPRISED? NOOOOOOKOK
0 Kudos
normski247
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well here's a update!
Surprise surprise its still not fixed and has been changed to 23rd.
Well if you don't sort it out i will be seeking advice.
I appreciate that the fix time is an estimate but i was told the parts were fixed and were being tested this morning and have been told 2 completely different story's.
As i stated i will seek advice and will likely be canceling my direct debit.
I now have BT Broadband which is slower but amazingly it actually works which is more than i can say about the sub standard service I've received in the 4mths I've been with you.
As for Sky i regret leaving them!

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE NEXT EXCUSE
0 Kudos
normski247
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Guess what? The fix date has been moved again and Emma i thought you were going to look into it and get back to me with an update!

Customer care is obviously not a strong point at virginmedia and its oblivious that they don't wish to sort this out promptly.

I suggest had i failed to pay a bill you would be on my back!

VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER!
0 Kudos
normski247
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey guess what virginmedia media you were gonna fix this today ............ But surprise surprise its bloody not same old rubbish and it's been moved to the 27th and that will me 2wks of NO SERVICE and it's been nothing but issues since installation in September, don't believe me ? Well check my bloody a/c how rude of you not to get back to me like you said you would. And thanks EMMA for your lack of response and help.

**bleep** you lot I'm taking it further and now wish to terminate my contract.
If you have a validated reason why it's not been fixed well then explain it!

Don't just give me a estimated time and that an engineer is on the way when you've done sod all to fix it.

I know it don't take weeks to fix the issue and if it's down to a more complicated reason then you should be informing me.

I shall see what Sky will be offering me and considering I'm recovering from major surgery and been treated like something you flush down the toilet the way you've treated me is disgusting.

Watch this space!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi normski247,

Very sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

I've had a look into this for you and the fault mentioned by Emma is currently set for review on 06/02/2017.

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos