Menu
Tonyfroggatt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

In the past 10 days I have, when connecting to the internet ,had a message or at times messages which tell me that this website cannot be reached or we cannot connect to the internet, I have eventually managed to get on the internet after a while but this is happening much to often and it takes ages to get connected, I have gone through all the instructions ( disconnect reconnect, turn off etc.) but to no avail has anyone else had this problem.   

0 Kudos
george_48
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Same problem here over the past week + can get on to the VM home page but when I try to get /log in to e mail there seems to be some disconnect on their homepage. have received messages to the effect 'server unavailable' or ... 'browser not supported'... yet I am trying to use their website, have done all the usual... reset router, complete shutdowns,restarts, etc. They did have probs in the area last week ... area 30... but say they have fixed it...? I don't think so, now I have to go onto 'Win 10' ... 'Edge' browser to connect in & then it seems to work ok. Have tried contacting VM... busy all the time... seems very suspicious to me... Have VM been taken over by MSN & are we being steered to use 'edge' as the one & only browser. I will keep on trying to contact VM to get some answers but...?

George.

0 Kudos
Mirr
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have problems too but...

You may need to provide them with more information, do this :

1. Enter this address in your web browser : http://192.168.0.1/

2. Click on "Router Status" in the top right of Your screen :

Capture.JPG

(I love paint)

3. Post information from : Downstream, Upstream, Network Log.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonyfroggatt,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this can be.

I've run some tests on your connection and there has been over 50 time-outs within 7 days of the router being online. When you get chance re-boot the router, monitor the connection for say 24 hours and post the network log from the router for us to check if any further time-outs have occurred. To get the information from the router, follow the steps from Mirr above.

Let me know when you have rebooted the router.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos