Menu
KevinWebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband outage

2.5 days with no broadband now in postcode area RG15JP.

The message throughout has been that 'an engineer is on site' but the resolution date  and time keeps being pushed out.

The customer relations team and broadband team are unable to pass any information from a customer on to the network team - pretty much like all big business.

The fact is that the local authority put in a signpost immediately next to the route of the cable in the pavement at exactly the time the broadband failed. Coincidence? - I think not. But I'm unable to get this information to the network team.

Can somebody from Virgin please get this moving and explain how I'm to be compensated.

0 Kudos
gscampbelluk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage

Join the club. Been nearly 2 weeks here in Glasgow with almost non-existent broadband!

Virgins response?..."Construction work, we thought we had fixed the issue"... Well clearly you didn't! What am I paying for right now? Evidently I'm paying for absolutely no Internet!

Customer service and engineers evidently have no idea what's going on.

Have lodged a complaint and expect a full reimbursement of services i have paid for and NOT received!!
0 Kudos
gscampbelluk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will definitely NOT be recommending anyone i know to go with Virgin after my own personal experience with them.

No customer contact/information on "supposedly known issues" and no offer of compensation or a timescale for an absolute fix!

Customer service just sucks!
0 Kudos
KevinWebb
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you have been without BB for 2 weeks in Glasgow. It's really bad news that VM service can be that bad.

If it takes as long to fix here we'll have no internet through Christmas. I'm a heavy internet user but over Christmas we'll have a house full of young people who can't exist without it.

I have Sky TV and previously used them for internet service so think I'll check out how long it would take to switch back. If I could just get a response from VM that was encouraging and not a blatant lie I'd have some confidence that they will fix this soon.

0 Kudos
surista
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Going on two full days without broadband in N12. Service status fix estimate an absolute joke. What was 4pm Friday became 8pm Friday, became 10am Saturday, became 4pm Saturday, and then - 10 minutes to 4pm on Saturday - it became 4pm Sunday. 

I'm a small business owner that does most of my work online. As a responsible business owner I had backup plans in place, but I'm appalled not just at the three-day outage, but at the complete inability to give anything resembling an accurate estimate of when it will be fixed. Suggests Virgin doesn't even know what the problem is.

Normally I'd expect a responsible company to automatically give some sort of rebate as compensation for the extended downtime, but no doubt we'll need to phone in to demand. Looking forward to spending hours on hold waiting to talk to an actual human being. 

0 Kudos