Menu
CustX
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps disconnecting... again

Approximately every five or ten minutes the broadband connection drops out and then re-connects. This has been happening for about three months now.

In addition, I had Virgin Media before (twice - in fact) and the same thing happened then which was the reason I cancelled it both times. Have moved house since then and thought I'd give it another go. But no, same problem. I contacted customer services (on here as well as on the phone), and I can't remember what was done but in the end the problems were never fixed.

There's no point in being "super fast" if it's only super fast for a few minutes and then cuts out. I'd rather it was just of an average speed but stayed connected (like my Sky Broadband was).

Not happy.

Any help much appreciated.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps disconnecting... again

Hi there CustX,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're currently experiencing, it sounds irritating.

I would like to ask a few questions to help with our diagnostics, if you don't mind. Firstly, are you using wireless or hard-wired devices when you notice the problems? Do you notice if the connection is worse at specific times of the day/night? Lastly, are you having problems on multiple devices, or just the one?

If you could get back to us when you have a chance, we would be more than happy to investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CustX
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still having this problem. Some days it's barely usable.

To answer your questions:

- Using a wireless device.

- I don't notice it being better or worse at certain times of the day. When it does disconnect or go very slowly I disconnect from the network and reconnect to it and them it instantly works properly.... for a few minutes, before disconnecting again.

- The problem exists on all devices: Windows 10 PC, iPad and iPhone.

Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Custx, 

Thanks for letting us know your issues are still persisting, I am very sorry to hear this and I will do my best to help resolve your problems.

I have tried to diagnose your connection from here, however, I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed I will require some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos