Menu
JPOnstwedder
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps cutting out

Hi, my broadband connection keeps cutting out. It happens about once a day, just drops the connection and reconnects a minute or so later. Checking the service status via my mobile shows there are no known issues, and a service check generally doesn't reveal anything either - although often the broadband service returns just as the service check starts! Is there anything I can do to improve this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps cutting out

Hi there JPOnstwedder,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

Looking at your line, everything has come back as fine with no time-outs reported.

Does this only happen on wireless? Is wired working ok?

Are you using any Powerline adaptors at all or another router?

Do any lights change on the Hub?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JPOnstwedder
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It happens both on wireless and on wired. My wireless setup uses a BT WholeHome router; the wired connections go via a TP-Link powerline adapter. I have checked on the wireless network set up by the Hub and that does the same thing, hence my suspicion it is something the Hub does. I don't know about the lights on the Hub so I'll have to check the next time this happens. is there anything else I can check to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks!

Jan-Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JPOnstwedder,

Thanks for letting us know a little more about your set up. 

Is there any way you can leave a device connected directly to the hub via cable rather than through power lines or a separate router? This is so we can rule out both the unpredictable nature of wireless the other devices as a possible cause. 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos