Menu
lostinmacc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband going off for up to 2 hours most days

Signed up for Virgin in August and since then almost every day my broadband goes off for ~ 2 hours most days at around 11:00a.m. and will not re-set, green light flashes on Super Hub.  Rang Virgin several times and have continually been fobbed off after spending 45 minutes on the phone each time going through all the various tests on the router only to be told that nothing is wrong.  The guy before last told me I had to re-boot my router every 2 days to avoid losing the connection.  The latest suggestion was that my account was traffic managed and has nothing to do with Virgin whatsoever.  So I have been paying for a service that cuts out almost every day and there is nothing Virgin can do about it!?.  They are refusing to send out an engineer to check the connections.  I am desperate to sort this out and posting this in the hope that someone from Virgin who knows what they are talking about will see this and get in touch to suggest a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
latecomer
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband going off for up to 2 hours most days

do you have a superhub 3?    Sounds very similar to the problems we had.  We suffered for a month with unreliable broadband due to the router continually updating and rebooting.  we had number line tests, people remotely fiddling with the router settings (apparently!) and 3 different superhub 3s.   The final visit on the 23rd december I convinced the engineer to install an older router so we at least had broadband over Christmas - this has been rock solid and I dont intend to go back to the superhub 3 until someone can explain why it doesn't work in our system. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lostinmacc,

Apologies for the connection problems, I've run a few checks on your service from this and all looks in good shape, with your Hub showing an uptime of nearly 10 days so hopefully this is an indication that the drop outs have ceased.

If your still having any issues drop us a quick update and let us know if both wired and wireless connections are affected along with any change in the Hub lights when the drop out occurs.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
lostinmacc
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for doing the checks Ralph. 

I'm not aware of it going off in the last few days, but then it tends to happen around 11 in the morning and we've all been back at work and wouldn't have noticed.  I'll contact you first if it happens again. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
lostinmacc
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ralph,

we have the same problem now with the broadband currently off again.  Apparently this also happened last Friday as well, and may have happened more when nobody was in.

The light on the Super Hub flashed green, then changed to blue/white, then went to green again and flashed intermittently.  Still not working.

We really need an engineer to come and look at this if you can't see anything from your end because this is how it has been since July!  The last time I phoned they told me my account was traffic managed even though we are not an excessive user.  Is there any truth in this?  Even then the connection should not go off completely and remain off for several hours!

As you can imagine we are very unimpressed with this and can't wait for our contract to end so we can move to another provider.  Please do all you can to help fix the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lostinmacc
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connection has been lost again this morning!  Always happens around the same time each day.  Green light on and can't connect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there lostinmacc,

I'm very sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced.

I've had a look into this from our end and post-refresh the downstream power is a little on the low side. There are no faults present via the network segment, therefore, I'd like to arrange for a field technician to investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this sorted.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos