Menu
R0bb0
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down in RG31 after scheduled maintenance

Per letter from Mark Davidson, Executive Director, Customer Care, important maintenance took place today, 28 Nov and should have been complete by 5pm.

Broadband has been down all day and the helpdesk, after talking me through rebooting the superhub (3 times) and reseating all cables, advised that there was no known area fault. An engineer is needed onsite and the earliest visit will be Sat 3rd!.

When I asked the helpdesk agent to escalate the issue he found that there was a "known issue" with fault ref: F004634391. I see from this forum that this fault is ongoing for some time and suspect it has nothing to do with my problem. 

Please advise when my broadband service will be restored.

0 Kudos
RogerS
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down in RG31 after scheduled maintenance

Same for me in RG31.  Phoned customer service and they hadn't got a clue.  Still down this morning, both internet and TV.  Seems pretty clear the problem is in the network somewhere so an onsite visit isn't going to fix it.

0 Kudos
RogerS
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I see this is now acknowledged as a problem on the service status page.

0 Kudos
R0bb0
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good to know the problem is acknowledged. Fingers crossed for a quick fix.
0 Kudos
R0bb0
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband now OK so fault is fixed for me. Pity the support guys I spoke to couldn't understand that there was a network issue and insisted on sending an engineer. 

0 Kudos