Menu
Spud1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down for a week

My broadband hasn't been working since last Thursday - can someone please update with what is happening? All I have seen is the "estimated fix date" move back by 24 hours each day. Thanks.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband down for a week

hiya @Spud1 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, there is currently around a week delay from the forum admin, you could have a chat with broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111 online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), but with the online chat is rather popular so might take awhile for agent.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Spud1 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, there is currently around a week delay from the forum admin, you could have a chat with broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111 online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), but with the online chat is rather popular so might take awhile for agent.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Spud1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. I'll contact online chat.
0 Kudos
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha Good Luck with that. I am in the same position. When I got through on 150 all I was told was that there was an outage in my area which was being worked on. Estimated fix date of 21st October. When I asked cause and extent he just parroted the same comment. I have since had two texts saying it is fixed which it is not. Where are you located?

0 Kudos
rickwookie
Up to speed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

At least you're getting text updates. I requested them on Monday and so far have not received a single one. Each day same thing, I check the status page and it has been moved back 24 hours, except for yesterday, when they shifted it back 48 hours, so currently it's expected 16:00 on Friday 21st. Certainly not expected by me!

When I called 150 last night, first I got an automated message saying tests had been done, equipment reset and to hang up and call back in 10 minutes! How was that going to fix the area fault?!!! They don't even bother connecting you to a human (albeit one that does an excellent impression of a robot) first time now. Then when I did get through, the support suggested I disconnect my router and see if that resolved the problem. What, for me, or for the entire VM network in the area?! You really couldn't make this stuff up! VM has gone down the toilet over the past 12 months.
0 Kudos
Spud1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like we have the same problem - I'm assuming it has to be an area fault (I'm in the Hertfordshire are) but the inability to speak to a real person is very frustrating.
0 Kudos
rickwookie
Up to speed
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 myself. AL3
0 Kudos
SBDJ
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm into day 3 with mine now (HP21 area) and the fix time has just been bumped back from 17.20 to 21.00. Place your bets now please!

Im mostly intrigued as to where the engineer is coming from because he's been "on his way" for days now!

0 Kudos
rickwookie
Up to speed
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The engineer is probably driving a Delorean DMC-12 circa 1985, since they're "one their way" to have one particular fault fixed by 6 and a quarter hours earlier today, based on the latest update!
0 Kudos
SBDJ
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

10am now.

Going to cancel tomorrow I think if not fixed by then. This is a joke.

0 Kudos