Menu
Highlighted
zillur
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down for 24hrs+

Yesterday morning around 9am, broadband stopped working. Called up and was told there is a problem in the area and service will be back up in a few hours. I mentioned the Service Status page, didn't show any faults in the area, the lady assured me the page would be updated soon and should be fixed in the afternoon.

At 4pm i rang up again to get an update, i was told the Service Status page doesn't get updated until the fault has been found, but there is a fault in the area. My neighbours connection seemed fine, which is why I didn't believe the nonsense i was being fed, so i asked to file a formal complaint. Staff still assured me it is a fault in the area and it will be fixed in a few hours.

At 9pm i called up again. This time to be told by a support staff, that there is no fault in the area, otherwise the Service Status page would have shown it. Which means the previous two people i spoke to were indeed feeding me nonsense. Furthermore, an engineer needs to visit my property and is not available until Sat, which means 4 days loss of service.

What the hell? What's with the nonsense information? I have resorted to posting this rant on this forum rather than speaking to another incompetent staff member.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down for 24hrs+

Hi zillur,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your loss of service, I completely appreciate it's frustrating and inconvenient. I've just checked your account and I can see an engineer is visiting you tomorrow. Would you please drop us an update after the appointment.

Have a great weekend,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zillur
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Here’s an update...

Engineer visited today, couldn’t fix the problem, issue is with the line outside and a new line needs to be pulled in.

Guess when is the earliest appointment I’ve been given for this?... 30th of Oct!!
That’s a total of 20 days loss of service.

So as you can imagine I’m not having a great weekend.
0 Kudos
zillur
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to customer services.. Appointment has been brought forward to 26th of Oct.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again zillur,

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

Keep in touch with us here so we can continue to monitor the progress of your re-pull.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
zillur
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update -
Re-pull was done last friday and another engineer visited today and connected the new line. Compensation offered for the loss of service, which is great. But I'm not looking forward to my mobile bill this month, exceeded data allowance by 10gb.

The most frustrating part was being fed false information by customer service/tech support. The whole story about engineers working in the area... need to wait 6/12 hrs for fix... service status page not getting updated until fix is diagnosed... was just lies! Two weeks for a repull just seems ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello zillur,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear the engineers have resolved this for you and sorted out your credit.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos