Menu
JimMyers
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Outage

We are now entering a third day of a broadband blackout in Area 07, BS9. Of course, I've tried all the usual steps, resets, unplugs and so on. The Virgin Media status reports no known issues in my postcode, so I tried the "Think something's wrong..." option. Running the tests results in a "we are trying to fix your problem, we'll be done in 10 mins" page.

But after 20 mins, and another reset, not fixed. I notice you're only allowed to run 3 diagnostics per day, so having done those, I'm now forced to believe the defiant "no known issues" statement still boldly presented for my postcode, having struggled for several minutes to load the page over my mobile internet data, fast running out.

In attempting to "contact us", well, my virgin phone was never connected, so I must use my mobile. After 15 mins in a queue, I decided to check the call costs from my network, only to find that webpage inaccessible. So Instead I tried online chat, but all Virgin's operators have been busy for as long as I can wait. So here I am, reporting the issue on the message board.

I notice these broadband issues always seem to coincide with TV issues (which are marked as known on the status page). If they're linked, why not just confirm to us on the status page that there are broadband issues too, and a fix estimate? This open-ended unknown as to how long we have to wait until an unacknowledged broadband blackout is fixed is utterly infuriating!

0 Kudos
JimMyers
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Outage

Day 4: No change.

0 Kudos
JimMyers
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Day 6: Still nothing.

I'd post helpful tables, but there aren't any. I have a huge list of critical 82000200 errors in the log (T3). One Downstream lock and nothing Upstream at all.

I also can't help noticing there are increasing numbers of these outage complaints in the Community forum, which kind of puts my mind at rest that it's not just us. But is a bit disconcerting that nothing is getting better.

It goes without saying that if we pay for the top speeds we're probably heavily reliant on the internet in our households, so this kind of thing is severely disruptive to our ability to work and learn from home. It's not just social media and entertainment, it's career and education that are put on hold.

Can someone please acknowledge that there is an issue here, and that the fact we've gone a week without broadband is actually being noticed? The status check says that there's no issue, when there clearly is.

0 Kudos
JimMyers
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It has now been a week. Am i just screaming into the void here?
0 Kudos
bigcol
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same situation in the M40 area, No help and total lack of information regarding the problem,

Received a text yesterday to say it had been fixed. BS still not working, 150 now says friday. Not a happy customer.

Expect ........................................Nothing regarding answers 

JimMyers
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick update: still no internet but you might call this progress. Eirum at customer service told me his "test are inconclusive". He also said the tools they use to diagnose problems are updating, so try contacting them again in 4 hours. It's hard not to be disheartened by this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning JimMyers,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm am so sorry to read of the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband connection.

I've run some tests, the line and hub are running fine with no errors. There are no faults reported and the network segment is stable, which is good.

Is the internet now working or are you experiencing any further issues?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JimMyers
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sam!

My last message was almost a week ago, which I think highlights the issue.

I hope it comes through when you read my comments, though it was inconvenient that we had no internet, my main concern was that it was not being acknowledged by any of the staff or status checks. Though I was sure it was not a problem with my hub, which was functioning well, I couldn't get anyone to admit there were broadband network problems in the area.

Yes, last week an engineer was sent out, identified the problems at the local cabinet and fixed them. So now we have internet again. But my comments remain: I made it as clear as possible all I wanted was for someone to tell me (or perhaps admit) there was a problem. Aside from the engineer himself, that still hasn't happened.

But still, thank you for your response! It's good to know that the comments weren't completely unnoticed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimMyers,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can imagine how frustrating this must of been for you and I wish I could of helped at the time to let you know what the issue is and/or book an engineer.

With the Service Status page, this will show you post code and high priority faults.

Looking at the issue you had, the router was not locking onto the network, which is an individual issue rather than a local outage. The engineer was needed to get you re-connected at the exchange.

If you do experience any further issues, by all means get in touch and I will check it over for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos