Menu
wardsbitter
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband.High data use

I have recently noticed high data use reported on my broadband use.The problem being I am not using this data. 

There was 35gb logged as being used in 4 hours then 6gb all when the internet was not being used by me.

I have noticed if I turn off the superhub off for a few hours then turn it back on there is 1.5gb used although no computer is connected.This has happened twice in 2 days.After reading these community pages it seems to be a fairly common problem with this so called superhub.

Trouble is Virgin customer service are not interested in helping.

Has any body any advice on how to get Virgin to take me seriously and maybe do something to help instead of refusing to believe what I say.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband.High data use

The usage logging of the Superhub 2 AC and prior never worked. It either logged a lot of usage right after reboot/power up, or nothing at all, or even logged much more than was used or threw a fit and listed that 19 zillion Tbs had transferred. Sometimes when it reached 100Gb transferred logged, it would default back to 0% usage logged too. In short: hub usage logging never ever worked. That's why the hub 3.0 removed the 10000%+ broke usage logging feature.

There's nothing you need to do about it, ignore it completely, you haven't transferred the amount it listed and even if you had - VM don't cap the amount you can download, so again, not a concern. The feature in question will never, ever, be fixed in the older hubs which have it. In fact all of the older hubs are discontinued from production.

If you ever want an accurate reading of your usage on a monthly / quarterly / yearly basis, pop a quick call into 150 from a VM or 0345 454 1111 / use the Webchat then ask for the usage amount for the current month / current quarter / last 12 months.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
wardsbitter
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My problem is that my data is capped at 30gb,so the hub is reporting data that I haven't used and I am paying for it.I fail to see why anyone should pay for this.

The customer services are useless,I have made out to be a liar,accused of passing on my password and using a games consul I don't even have .They don't even accept the fact that there is a problem with this hub.

At my wits end

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

wardsbitter wrote:

My problem is that my data is capped at 30gb,so the hub is reporting data that I haven't used and I am paying for it.I fail to see why anyone should pay for this.

Ah the special low speed plan, I had forgot about that one. So were you contacted by VM to inform you that you had gone over the 30GB limit? Which led you to check your hub usage logs? Only for you to find out that hub usage logging has never ever worked and you've no obvious way to dispute that you didn't go over that cap.

Or is it that you seen the usage log in the hub and got concerned about it? In that case, worry not. Because the usage logging in the old hubs does not reflect the usage logging on VM's internal system end. Yes they have internal logging, which is accurate, unlike the logging feature in the old hubs. Customer Services can tell you exactly how much you've used for the current month.

They should have at the very least acknowledged that the usage logging feature has never worked (hence why it was never implemented into the latest hub.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
wardsbitter
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes you are correct VM advised me I was nearing my limit which caused me to keep an eye on it.After that it suddenly showed 35gb downloaded in 4 hours even though I knew I was not on line at that time.This weekend it has shown 3.3gb used again with no computer or tablet connected.All I did was turn the hub off overnight and on next morning.

This 3.3gb is shown on my virgin media website,the problem is I have not been connected at all.This is being done on my tablet using a sim card.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There have been a few cases brought up here about the 30GB capped plan where people reported being told they had gone near or over their usage limit. These few cases were resolved by the favicon.png Forum Team here. So to that effect I'll flag your topic via an [at]mention to them so that it gets a more prompt response from them. @ForumTeam

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
wardsbitter
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help .very grateful

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wardsbitter,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I appreciate your query in regards to the broadband usage and apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

In regards to this issue, I can check your usage for you and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide