Menu
Highlighted
ajcj123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Blue flashing tick, green flashing up/down arrow

Just joined virgin media, my router (super hub 2ac) was installed yesterday and all was working fine. However today it has stopped working - I can connect to wireless, but there's no internet connection. I've rebooted the router a few times and no change, and the person I spoke to on the technical support line was completely unhelpful.

All the lights on the front are on, but the blue tick is flashing and the green up/down arrow is rapidly flashing - I've looked around but haven't found a clear answer on what this means. Any advice?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blue flashing tick, green flashing up/down arrow

Looks like your hub cannot connect to VM's servers, the Tick light should be solid, (Indicating a connection has been made), and the traffic light should be flashing blue.

It looks like a local fault with VM's network, but might be worth giving the coax a quick check for obvious damage and connectors are hand tight.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here a few days until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call for a quicker response, I know you have tries calling in, probably be worth trying again and hope you get a UK bases call center. If you have no joy try the retentions department (Thinking of Leaving Us option), They are usually fairly good and would be more eager to help a new customer within the grace period.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like your hub cannot connect to VM's servers, the Tick light should be solid, (Indicating a connection has been made), and the traffic light should be flashing blue.

It looks like a local fault with VM's network, but might be worth giving the coax a quick check for obvious damage and connectors are hand tight.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here a few days until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call for a quicker response, I know you have tries calling in, probably be worth trying again and hope you get a UK bases call center. If you have no joy try the retentions department (Thinking of Leaving Us option), They are usually fairly good and would be more eager to help a new customer within the grace period.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajcj123

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you currently have no internet access. 

When I checked your account I can see that the Super Hub 2ac is not locked onto our network, as griffin mentioned. Also I could see that you have called us to get this fixed which is great.

If you need me to check anything else for you, then please let me know

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajcj123
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for the replies.  

There's been a strange development since my last message, in that I turned on the hub after leaving it off for 24 hours and now all of the lights on the front blink rapidly and there's no wifi signal.  I tried to hard reset using the pinhole button but it didn't feel like there was actually any button there being pressed and it had no effect.

I have booked in an appointment, but my concern is that the engineer may find that the actual hub is also broken and then I'll have to book in a third appointment just to get this working.  Is this likely to be the case, or am I just being pessimistic at this point?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajcj123

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Glad to hear that you have booked in an engineer to fix your broadband. 

If the engineer does find a fault with the Super Hub then he can change it on the day and make sure it is working before he leaves.

Let me know how the appointment goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is a known fault on a small batch of SH2acs

My SH2ac went the same way to Silicone Heaven.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajcj123

I hope all is well.

Just checking to see how the engineer appointment went? Is your broadband connection now working?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Sam

0 Kudos
ajcj123
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sam, all went well thanks - there was a problem with the box on the wall where the cable came into the flat, and also the router's power supply needed replacing. All sorted now. Many thanks to both of you for the helpful feedback.
0 Kudos
vousmevoyez
Settling in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
I have the same problem as ajcj123. This morning my router was working fine but in the evening it stopped working and I cannot connect to the Internet. All the light on my VM Super Hub 2ac are on but the tick is flashing blue and the green arrow is flashing. I was going to call VM but I can't cause it's said it's out of area. I have tried to reboot my router too but it's not working. I have been looking around at each forum but the answer did not help at all.

Can you please give me an advice and help. Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos