Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (88 Views)

Battered wall box

I have a battered, cracked old NTL connection cover box on the wall outside my house, and it's now so old, faded and crumbly that it falls off once a week or so, and has to be clicked back into place.

From searching the forum, I see that this forum can be a place to raise such things, and that these boxes can be replaced. I could have a nice, new shiny Virgin-branded box on the outside of my house, if it does...

Posted in hope.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5 (67 Views)

Re: Battered wall box

Are you a virgin media customer if not you have no chance but even if you are it may be difficult if it is not impacting your service

--------
I do not work for virgin media any opinions I have are my own
I will help out when possible but know that some information may be incorrect or out of date

If you find any post helpful don't forget to click the kudos button and mark answers as helpful as this may help other users with the same questions
0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5 (62 Views)

docsyddall wrote:

I have a battered, cracked old NTL connection cover box on the wall outside my house, and it's now so old, faded and crumbly that it falls off once a week or so, and has to be clicked back into place.

From searching the forum, I see that this forum can be a place to raise such things, and that these boxes can be replaced. I could have a nice, new shiny Virgin-branded box on the outside of my house, if it does...

Posted in hope.

Are you a current Virgin Media customer and use the services provided by said company?

If you are, contact VM and inform them that a part of their infrastructure is in a state of disrepair and requires attention.

If you are not, inform them that you require their crumbling equipment be removed from your property.

Either way you are not responsible for the maintenance of their equipment.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and
I Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (34 Views)

Thanks, Sololobo. I appreciate that I'm not responsible for maintaining Virgin Media (VM) kit, but they don't seem to keep an eye out for these things. Hence this roundabout attempt to get their attention. As for contacting them, for a communications company, VM don't seem that keen to communicate. I found three options listed under 'other: making a complaint' on their contact us page: online chat, call us or write. The first is impractical for me, as their opening hours are mostly when I'm not available. The second is probably impractical, as I expect I'd be stuck in a call-waiting queue for ever and a day, and the third seems appallingly stone-age for a high-tech comms company. Where's the feedback webpage for customers, accessible after signing in to VM?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (13 Views)

Hi there docsyddall,

Many thanks for your post.

I can certainly help with this.

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos