Menu
Up to speed
Message 11 of 15 (56 Views)

Re: Bandwidth problem

I agree with that, I dont know why they employ people overseas who have no technical ability whatso ever, just follow a script!

The funny thing is in my last job I had to talk to Sky technical support all the time to resolve sky broadband customers issues, mostly SNR and profile issues effecting bandwidth, and i will give it to Sky, their blokes on the phone know their stuff, all ex telecoms engineers! really are good at what they do and resolve most issues!

What annoys me about Virgin is when I call in because my broadband has gone down AGAIN, why make me go through all that crap on the automated phone call to say at the end "reset yur router and if the problem still occurs call back and we will put you straight through"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! DONT YOU THINK I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THAT?? GEEEEEEZ!!

then when you finally get through all they say is there is a fault and an engineer is en-route? I think VIrgin should look into this and listen to customers!

Why not employ ex virgin engineers who can actually explain to people what the problem is and trouble shoot over the phone rather than some body from timbucktoo telling me to restart my router!? Obviously cost issue, but then wouldnt you lose customers because of the crap communication?

****If I can help I will, I am an ex telecoms engineer and install/service engineer for Virgin Media and BT, Sky Talk Talk and Plus Net. If you like the answer I give please give it a thumbs up.. Glad to help Smiley Happy ****
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 15 (35 Views)

Hi there reptilesink,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

As Sephiroth mentioned the Modem SNR (signal to noise ratio) for downstream is too low. For this I can arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 13 of 15 (33 Views)

Thanks but an engineer has already been and replaced the router.
Its better than it was but not brilliant.
I guess I will have to live with it until my contract runs out.
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 14 of 15 (30 Views)

if your SNR is out then you need an engineer, its not a router problem, thats a signal issue from the network, easily fixed if the engineer knows what hes doing!

book the appointment Smiley Wink

****If I can help I will, I am an ex telecoms engineer and install/service engineer for Virgin Media and BT, Sky Talk Talk and Plus Net. If you like the answer I give please give it a thumbs up.. Glad to help Smiley Happy ****
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 15 (26 Views)

He came to check signals and changed the router while he was here.
We have never had the full speed and looks like we never will either.
They said they were going to monitor the signal for a week but while he was here the levels had returned to acceptable levels apparently.
0 Kudos