Menu
LandShark
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad bad services

Hi
Ive been complaining about issues with my broadband connection which keeps disconnecting but everyone i speak to on chat says everythings fine and can see no faults. It lasts anywhere between a minute and 5 minutes to get reconnected....
I have also telephoned and the advisor told me they needed to update my equipment. I got a week of brilliant service from broadband and then back to square one. This also caused an error on my tivo which i explain further below..

Tonight we have been disconnected 4 times on 4 different occasions while trying to play a game on our xbox... This happens pretty much everyday!

Im paying £40+ a month for tv, broadband and telephone.... I have not used my telephone for months (dont need it yet the package without is dearer than the one i have now... Wierd) and for well over a year ive had issues with internet connection (for a 70mbps connection it is shocking. It should not disconnect..... Ever).

Furthermore i have more than once mentioned a tivo issue and nothing has been done. Green light on front flashing, occasional c130 error and cannot watch on demand. This was first done via forums and more recently via chat. On forums in december an advisor did contact me to ask for further information but the issue seemed to stop for awhile (it has now started again) . I am now unable to contact that advisor on forums. During chat (within the last month) the advisor didnt seem to understand what i was talking about.

So what exactly am i paying you people for?

Im getting highly annoyed with people telling me to just pay out my money and just live with the down right crap service im getting.

I would like an engineer to come out and test every connection with my equipment at your earliest convenience and replace whatever is faulty free of charge.

I am unable to speak on the phone due to having chronic laryngitis and ordered by my doctor to rest my voice so please dont call me. Feel free to pm me asap.

Thank you
Sarah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad bad services

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband and TV services. I can imagine how annoying this must be and I would like to help as much as I can.

In regards to the broadband, does the disconnections happen on both wired and wireless devices? Do any lights change on the router at all?

With the TiVo®, this is currently showing as offline and not polling any data. If you can let me know when it is online, I can check this in more detail for any issues.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LandShark
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam
My tivo is on and has been all morning. Showing c130 error but im still watching programmes on it.
My router doesnt change that ive noticed. I have no wired devices. It disconnects randomly and takes about 1-5 mins to reconnect. It even tells me im offline when im not... for example im on google on my phone and itll say full signal but says im offline.
Thanks for getting back in touch with me. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LandShark,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As the TiVo® is still showing as offline, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm.

I appreciate you have no wired devices within the property to test, however you can try to change the wireless channel to see if that will improve the connection for you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos