Menu
Manda_brown73
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bad Service

I've been with virgin 10 days in that time my home phone hasn't worked engineer booked for next week 2 weeks after installation. So I'm paying for a service I'm not getting.  Next thing is I want to upgrade my TV package as mine is not very good and was told if I did that I would lose my special rate was told try phoning end of Nov we will have special deals on.  Am seriously considering sending my equipment back and telling virgin no thanks.  Anyone else having same issues? Advice please

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bad Service

cannot comment on the service or lack of but if you want to lave you have 14 days from the installation date - after that your contract kicks in and you would have to buy it out - max is £240

if you leave it past 14 days you will have a get out of jail free [maybe] when the prices go up in november - even as a new user that will still apply

you could try a call to retentions - they may find you a better package at a good price

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

cannot comment on the service or lack of but if you want to lave you have 14 days from the installation date - after that your contract kicks in and you would have to buy it out - max is £240

if you leave it past 14 days you will have a get out of jail free [maybe] when the prices go up in november - even as a new user that will still apply

you could try a call to retentions - they may find you a better package at a good price

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suspect the get-out-of-jail-free is not applicable as the contract will already be at the new pricing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I suspect the get-out-of-jail-free is not applicable as the contract will already be at the new pricing.

not sure - there are always plenty of posts on here at price increase time from new users complaining about the price going up - sure theres a cut off date but equally sure VM will make that as late as possible

Tony
0 Kudos
Manda_brown73
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony your advice was brilliant I have at least now managed to get my TV upgraded by a really helpful guy only waiting for my phone now 

0 Kudos
Ozzy2
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They are crap company 

0 Kudos
Ozzy2
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator