Menu
jaztim
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BROADBAND reconnect / reactivation.

Evening all,
The scenario. My uncle recently left virgin due to the utilization issues in the area, but would now like to reconnect.
He stays in a block of flats and the wire has been cut at entry point on the inside (it was a wire only, years old never a new box/plate)
Would this be something that virgin would come out and sort out? Seems simple enough to me, would need a very big ladder though, bigger than the standard team have. Lastly, virgin engineers who cane out to me lastly told me they don't have the means to get up this high anymore?
Any answers appreciated.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BROADBAND reconnect / reactivation.

i don't know they only have standed landers now the 2 floors high only if is more then that you have to get scaffolding put up if you willing to pay for the scaffolding going up to your uncles place

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
jaztim
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's nuts. Virgin must be losing a fortune in council estates all over the country! Anyway, thanks. I'll wait for official confirmation and let him know.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you know it takes week or 2 weeks for staff to answer back on here but if you can get a higher big ladder there is that way too

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
jaztim
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well maybe, but there's no way my uncles going up (or me). Thanks though.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jaztim

Thanks for getting in touch about the option to reconnect at your uncle’s property.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see if it's a possibility. There's no blanket response I can give that would cover all eventualities so it's best if I speak to the area teams who work for us where he lives so they can send someone round to assess this for us.

I'll drop a pm to you for me to take your uncles details. You can find that in theup on the top right.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"