Menu
ab101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area Faults & Superhub

A number of times now I've reported broadband down and it's been because of an area fault, but still the tech support insist on making some changes to the superhub to see if that fixes it. I assume the broadband checker on the service status page does something similar when it detects a fault. But as it always turns out to be an area fault, would these changes have an adverse affect on my broadband connection when the area fault is resolved? Could one of the VM support staff on here check my connection / noise levels are all configured ok? (I realise it will be over a week before it gets dealt with) Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area Faults & Superhub

The only thing they can do remotely when you phone them is change the wireless settings and re-boot the hub.

Power levels etc can only be adjusted by a tech visit to you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area Faults & Superhub

Hiya ab101,

I appreciate you posting back here.

In regards to your power levels, the downstream are between 0 and - 1.3 dBmV, upstream power levels are on 41 dBmV and the Modem SNR for downstream is 36 dB, which are all within the correct range. If in doubt or you would like to check these yourself you can log into the router and take a look.

On the day you posted there was a fault in your area that was causing intermittent connection which has now been closed as resolved.

If there is anything else you would like us to check, by all means let us know.

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos