Menu
Cordelia10
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 nightmare

Ok so been a happy VM client for five years and this is my FIRST post

So two weeks ago all was sweet. I then change from a Big Kahuna Sports to Big Kahuna package and DOCIS arrived

Since then I am having drop outs on my broadband - when it works it's great but I am forever rebooting by router or using my 4g connection and the TV is even pixelating more than usual - is it just me or do VM hate me for going to a cheaper package?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 nightmare

Hi Cordelia10

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you have been experiencing recently. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks healthy on the hub side but I can see that there is a fault raised for peak time contention under reference F003488995 with a review date estimated for 23/03/2016. If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date we can certainly check for further information

I can't see anything that stands out that would be causing intermittent service though. Are you connected wired or wireless? Could you post the hub's network log for us to have a look at? (go to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, router status in top right corner).

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
swozniak
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, what's the latest on the area 31 issue F003488995? My internet is very temperamental in Harpenden area.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi swozniak

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are also affected by fault ticket F003488995. The review date for this is currently estimated for 01/06/2016 and the updates show that we are still awaiting a date for further work to go ahead resolving this fault. If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date we'll certainly check for any more info.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
swozniak
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, any updates here? The internet is very slow!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello swozniak

Apologies for the continuing slow peak time speeds, your connecting is still affected by F003488995 which is now showing a review date of 16 NOV 2016.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
swozniak
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, can you please provide updates on F003488995? I never seem to be able to download anything above 3MB/s (24Mbps)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi swozniak

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are still experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault (F003488995) and the review date is still showing as the 16th November.

Please feel free to post back here nearer the review date for further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
atomiceva
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Can you please provide an update as to whether this (F003488995) is now been resolved. I have been having quite some trouble over the past 2 months with a very unreliable connection and unsatisfactory throughput. 

I have received a 3.0 hub upgrade 3 days ago and spent almost 2 hours with your technical support team trying to just get the device to access the internet. I also upgraded to 100mb and the speed is definitely not acceptable. Check the hub logs and found MDD message timeouts, Disruption during SW download - Power Failure and this morning No Ranging Response received.

I have an engineer due on Tuesday, however I would like to be aware of the causes to these issues. I would like to be well informed before the engineer arrives.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Alex,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry for the late reply and for the issues you are having with the broadband connection.

How did the engineer visit go? Has there been an improvement with the connection at all?

With the fault ticket number you provided I am unable to see that you are affected by this. 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos