Menu
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 stability

Anyone else here in Area20 and plagued by poor connectivity?
Broadband down again this morning, and since jointing not Virgin in May I've had about 4 days in total with no service - even got to the point now where I have a powershell script running to keep a csv file of the status which checks every 5 mins for a connection.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 stability

Hi Richard-Area20, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your broadband has been unstable, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status'  in the top right corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,
It's been ok lately - I've got some monitoring setup now so I can keep an eye out for how often this occurs, but fingers crossed the latest repairs have resolved the issue.
Regards,
Richard
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for responding to me.

I appreciate you letting me know that it's been okay lately and you've got some monitoring set up no to keep an eye on things.

Just remember that if you need any assistance in future then post back here on the forums and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, looks like it's failed again Smiley Sad Just on the phone to the "can you unplug the router" people now
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Richard-Area20 wrote:
Well, looks like it's failed again Smiley Sad Just on the phone to the "can you unplug the router" people now

Hi Richard

This happened to me earlier this week.   The 'Check Service Status' did not have any fault reported but when I dialled 150 from my VM landline phone there was a recorded message saying that my area would be affected by engineering works until 6pm and sure enough it all came back good later in the afternoon.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Service status is quite often out of sync - seen it say 'more info in 15mins' before and 4 hours later the same.
Area20 still down Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Latest update is tomorrow lunchtime for a fix - so yet another 24hour ish outage...
0 Kudos
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just been told it will be another day now - I'm genuinely interested to know what exactly the issue is if it's so serious it takes 48 hours to fix (and not for the first time). Is there some equipment that's so old, it's getting hard to find spares/replacements?
Rich
0 Kudos
Richard-Area20
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Guess the breakdown in communications isn't just limited to networking equipment - fix was initially estimated at 12:05 today, then I got an update at 12:11 saying it would now be tomorrow, then another update 15 minutes later (12:26) saying it was fixed!

If anyone from Virgin side want's to investigate the issues in this area further:

Fault F004781561, 29/09/2016
Fault F004824427, 19/10/2016
Fault F004841712, 31/10/2016
Fault F004882809, 16/11/2016

Only been keeping the details of late so can't go back any further than these.
Rich
0 Kudos