Menu
realfrankturner
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Annexe question

Hi all,

I am soon to be moving to a privately rented annex which is on the side of the landlords house.

I have to sort out my own internet, and they are with Virgin, and did say the previous tenant set up broadband, but she doesn't know any more then that.

However, I am a bit confused, the address of the annex is the same as the main house, so not separate, and it does have a phone line if need be (Although I know Virgin do no phone line deals), but it doesn't have a main socket in the annex and I have no access to it.

Anyone have any idea best way to proceed? I need a separate broadband deal on the same address in my name, and am bit confused about it

Regards

RJ

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annexe question

to have your own virginmedia broadband needs to be on a unique address, so landlord would need to register the Annex as a new address never done this myself, or even researched it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
realfrankturner
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

That exactly what i thought but she did say previous tenant had separate Internet using the phone line. Wondered if I was being bit thick as to how as I thought what you said.

EE do mobile broadband for 30 quid for 64gb data so seems my only option then unless landlady can explain it to me.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i'm guessing they would need contact the land registry and royal mail to setup address as e.g. if address is 30 main street, so the annex would be 30/1, or something close to it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos