Menu
mattwellsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Amazon fire tv streaming issue

hello I have been keeping an eye on my connection after having to keep restarting my amazon fire tv to be able to stream, the local network has been fine and I have been able to ping everything without an issue.

Live snapshot of connection

My Broadband Ping - VM Connection

Static snapshot of connection

My Broadband Ping - VM Connection

the issue seems to be when the connection is slowing down judging by the think broadband monitor as at 4pm to 2 am the connection seems to degrade enough that the fire tv cannot connect to the amazon sever or something alongside that line.

has anyone else been having this issue, I some times have to restart the amazon fire tv, 3 or more times just to watch one episode of a series.  The amazon fire box is wired in and not running on wireless.  I know after 4 pm more people at home use the pic but not enough to cause this issue on virgins media's best connect I can get. I have checked all the cables using a cable tester on my network and all pasted without any errors.

So any idea's and thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon fire tv streaming issue

Hi there mattwellsy,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your broadband connection.

In regards to the latency on the BQM graph after 4pm, this will be due to a high peak time traffic fault in your area and can cause slow speeds. The reference number is F003451999 and has a review date of 17th May.

I can see from your other thread, you were experiencing T4 time-outs and the live BQM graph is not showing them at the moment, has this improved? From checking your connection, there have been no time-outs reported within 11 days of the router being online.

This thread will be left open for replies, instead of having two separate ones so it will be less confusing.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos