Menu
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Altering password for Hub3

I have just joined Virgin broadband and connect from my iMac via Hub 3.   I used the given password in the initial set-up and all was well.   However, when I tried to alter my password, the gived password was not accepted, saying "invalid password".   How do I get in to alter me privicy settings?   Help an 80 year old anyone!   (i.e. very limited knowledge of computers!!!)

Patrick

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Altering password for Hub3

Hi Patrick, any reason why you cant use the default password?
0 Kudos
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The only password I have is the one on the hub I received.  P

0 Kudos
patrickdover
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This may seem a silly question, but what is the 'default password'?   Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

It's always great to see new members, I really hope you're enjoying your services.

To change your wireless password, you will need to access the settings by logging in with the default details which are found on your Hub. Once you've logged in you can change your wireless network name and password. Our help article here on changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless password will give you instructions.

Please ensure if you change your password, it's secure. We've got some tips on what makes a strong wireless password that you might find helpful.

Let us know how you get on,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Art_Manager
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Altering password for Hub3. Instructions for network (hub) name and password changes?

Heather_J

Er, that link that you generously provided for instructions. I got problem loading page.

0 Kudos
Awal
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Altering password for Hub3. Instructions for network (hub) name and password changes?

I think the link you want that explains how to change the Hub's wifi password is here

You will need to know the admin password for the hub which is on the bottom of the hub.

However I agree with an earlier poster are you sure you want to change the default password? There's no real need to.

Lots of people do and lots of people don't.  I do because I work in IT and am happy to play about but that's just me.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

to put it as simply as possible,

1. you get given a gibberish wifi password,

2. you also get given a different password that you have to use when you want to change the wifi password. that one is helpfully? printed on the bottom of the hub so that you can have a fun game of hide and seek to track it down.

as for changing the given gibberish wifi password: if you need to share it with visiting friends and family and to set up new devices, it makes sense to change the password so something that you can actually remember and type

0 Kudos