cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) opt out - resolved

ModTeam

We are aware some customers are unable to opt out of the Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) using the online option.

We are currently working to resolve this issue but in the meantime you can either contact Web Chat or call the our technical support team on 150 from a Virgin landline or alternatively 0345 454 1111.

If you'd prefer us to get this done for you please pop a post on this thread and one of the mod team will contact you as soon as we can.

This issue should now be resolved.

Please opt out using your home connection on this website https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/ and if you have any problems please let us know.

114 REPLIES 114

Can I have it turned off for me please. 

Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rsdubs,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I appreciate your query in regards to Advanced Network Error Search and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In regards to this, I can turn off ANES for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Pilk1999
Tuning in

I have a sonos music system working through the wifi router.  Recently it has started stopping mid-song and skipping to the next one.  I have contacted sonos and they tell me the problem is that the 'advanced web search' option.  Unfortunately, you cannot switch this off unless you ring Virgin.  The web page in virgin media does not work.

I have rung Virgin twice now, the first time I was told that I was already opted out but he would put me onto another department but then cut me off. Needless to say, the problem still existed.  When checking with sonos again, they checked the diagonstics and said I definitely was not opted out.  I rang Virgin again and initially the person I spoke to did not know what I was talking about.  I told him to look on the forum pages, there is a lot about it in them.  He went away for a minute, when he came back he told me to log into my router and switch off the firewall.  I did this but I am still having the same issue i.e. the 'advanced web search' is still enabled.  Apparently, it is something that only Virgin themselves can do, it is not something I can do.

The man at sonos tells me it is a common well known issue the Virgin are aware of but only Virgin can change it.  I have read forum chat about it and it seems he is right.  

How do I get to speak to someone at Virgin who knows and understands what I am talking about and is able to do something about it? 

Hi there, can you disable this for me too please. Thanks

mikkocase
Tuning in

Hi there. For the past couple of weeks I have been getting a page of Virgin Media search results rather than the files I am trying to access. As the link to change this appears broken, I would appreciate it if somebody could get this disabled for me.

icthus86
Joining in

Hello!

Can someone please help me turn off Virgin Advanced DNS Search? I keep clicking to turn it off and it won't accept it takes me to a 404 Page not found page!

Thank you!

Gareth

cnssml
Tuning in

Can you also turn this off for me please.  I replied to a previous forum message and followed it up with a PM but have now helpfully had an email back saying that they can't reply to PMs. 

Regards

cnssml
Tuning in

I've got this issue now. Noticed it about a week ago when it started to impact my access to work.

The 'turn off' link doesn't work which is really unprofessional.

Please can someone arrange to get this turned off for me.

Regards

bryn1978
Settling in

i want to opt out of this but cant

RRowley21
On our wavelength

Out of the blue got the above response from Virgin Media when I mis-typed a URL, and the link to switch it off doesn't work. Please switch this unwanted 'help' off for me. Thanks.