cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) opt out - resolved

ModTeam

We are aware some customers are unable to opt out of the Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) using the online option.

We are currently working to resolve this issue but in the meantime you can either contact Web Chat or call the our technical support team on 150 from a Virgin landline or alternatively 0345 454 1111.

If you'd prefer us to get this done for you please pop a post on this thread and one of the mod team will contact you as soon as we can.

This issue should now be resolved.

Please opt out using your home connection on this website https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/ and if you have any problems please let us know.

114 REPLIES 114

djellworth
Just joined

please can you turn off the stupid auto search function which is suddenlly

hijacking my searches.

grinderx
Joining in

Exactly what Sololobo said. I was almost 15' over the phone trying to explain what I want. The lady on the other side of the line didn't have a clue and finally after checking with her colleagues and/or manager she said that I have to login to the Virgin Media router, go to the security settings and check options there (I don't know how that will help, but what do I know I 'm just an IT engineer :p)  and she would click the buttons her end.

In any case, just to be sure could you please disable this ANES service for me as well? Thanks

Lorna23
Tuning in
Office tech team have advised me in order to connect my work laptop at home that I need to opt out of the advanced DNS setting. I get a connection attempt time out message ( nc.windows.app23704) when I try to connect. I've seen a few people with this problem on here.

Can anyone help ?!

Lorna

What advanced DNS setting? The hub has no setting to allow DNS change. Are they referring to the setting in your PC under the TCP/IP heading?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Something to do with CDFE- broadband subscription if the home router

Check the forum for a post by gillypee (sorry I can't post the link) and it tells you what to do. It requires a call to VM so that they can turn off the advanced DNS setting from their end.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Thanks Seph,

I've been on the phone all morning trying to get put through with a tech guy to no avail.

I'll have a look at the post and try them
Again I guess.

Thanks again

Chris35
Joining in

Hi, please disabled this for my account

thanks,

Chris

From gillypee, posted 27/05/2017 elsewhere on the Forum.

I contacted our Help Desk again and they advised:

• Request the representative to access ‘CDFE’ under the broadband subscription section of their system.
  • Ask them to check the box beside ‘Advanced DNS opt-out’ if it is not already checked.

A reboot of the router may be required after this procedure is carried out.

[It's worth noting that some most of VM's telephone support staff may be totally unaware of this procedure. Perhaps their "scripts" require updating?]

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

BENWELL
On our wavelength

How can I tell if I have this enabled?

What are you guys typing and where so I can see what it does.