cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) opt out - resolved

ModTeam

We are aware some customers are unable to opt out of the Advanced Network Error Search (ANES) using the online option.

We are currently working to resolve this issue but in the meantime you can either contact Web Chat or call the our technical support team on 150 from a Virgin landline or alternatively 0345 454 1111.

If you'd prefer us to get this done for you please pop a post on this thread and one of the mod team will contact you as soon as we can.

This issue should now be resolved.

Please opt out using your home connection on this website https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/ and if you have any problems please let us know.

114 REPLIES 114

Could you please disable this option for me as well?

Thank you

michtag
Joining in

Hello there, could you please disable this feature for me as well? I need the advanced DND opt out to be ticked. cheers

Michele

DFMMM
Joining in

Please disable this option for me.

Cheers

amoir
Joining in

Hi,

I've found plenty of people saying they can't switch off "Advanced Network Error Search" themselves because the specific page to do this is down...

Also seen a few posts where admin are able to sort this for people. I did speak to some on the phone at Virgin on the phone, who didn't really know how to go about this - and attempted to read instructions, but no joy.

This feature is stopping me logging onto a work network/VPN and I need to get it sorted ASAP.

Can anyone help please?

slyvixen
Joining in

Recently i have had a problem with virgin hijacking a web search for my favourite web sites.

I have contacted this web site owner and they have told me their website is active.

I need to access this because a have an active account with them.

I think that opting out of ANES will solve this problem.

I am not techno savvy so most techno speak can baffle me. 

I have tried to do this on the virgin page that hijacks my Google search but it says unable to do what I asked it to do (I think to turn it off).

I do not need nor do I want a virgin media browser.

If you could solve this I would be grateful

Many thanks

Tracy McCarthy 

@slyvixen wrote:

Recently i have had a problem with virgin hijacking a web search for my favourite web sites.

I have contacted this web site owner and they have told me their website is active.

I need to access this because a have an active account with them.

I think that opting out of ANES will solve this problem.

I am not techno savvy so most techno speak can baffle me. 

I have tried to do this on the virgin page that hijacks my Google search but it says unable to do what I asked it to do (I think to turn it off).

I do not need nor do I want a virgin media browser.

If you could solve this I would be grateful

Many thanks

Tracy McCarthy 

VM instructions to turn off their ANES "service" are here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Quote: "To turn off Advanced Network Error Search, just give us a call on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone, and select option 2."

Unfortunately the VM Help Desk telephone representatives seem to be unaware of this instruction, and in most cases totally unaware of the procedure to implement it.

Alternatively you could change the settings on your local machine to use a different DNS service. (It's not possible to change this on your router.) http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-dns-settings-in-windows-7-vista

You may have to wait for a forum staff member to assist you in this but you will have to be patient, it may take over a week for one of them to pick up your post.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

sirricardo
Joining in

Hi

Can you also please disable this feature pls.

I cannot get onto works vpn.

Thanks

Rich

spm
On our wavelength

Please opt me out too

MissPH
Joining in
Please turn mine off too! I desperately need the laptop to work from home

Casa-v
Tuning in

CAN YOU PLEASE TURN OFF MY ADVANCED NETWORK SEARCH AND EXPLAIN WHY YOUR LINK TO DO SO IS INVALID..

THIS IS ATROCIOUS BEHAVIOR. HOW MANY CUSTOMERS NEED TO COMPLAIN TO FIX THIS?

(No,  I don't usually post using upper case)