Menu
RickyW77
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely awful customer service

Saturday 11th Feb

1300-1800 Engineer booked to come 11th Feb 1pm-6pm.  Engineer failed to attend. No communication

1830 Call Virgin - cut-off

1855 Call Virgin - told engineer working on big job, told would attend post 1900.  Engineer failed to attend.

2030 Call Virgin - told all engineering team gone home, would be contacted first thing Monday.

Monday 13th Feb

900-930 No contact from Virgin

930 Call Virgin.  Told next available date 24 April.  Would escalate within team and I would be contacted within 24 hours.  Told operator not acceptable, told nothing she could do.

1700 Call Virgin.  Told next available date 3 March.  Contractors don't work Monday.  Operator left voicemail with team manager who controls all contractors in my area.  Told he would contact me.  Told operator service appalling, told nothing she could do.  She was very nice and offered to chase up but not in Tuesday.

Tuesday 14th Feb

900-1720 No contact from Virgin

1720 Call Virgin - on hold for 25 mins, cut-off.

1745 Call Virgin again - on hold 20 mins, too fed up to wait longer.

Is it unreasonable to expect that given Virgin engineer failed to attend on the time that that they chose, to expect that they would call to say they weren't attending, to offer to attend on Monday or at nearest time that is convenient for me, for engineer to then attend at that time and complete installation?

Why does nobody from Virgin EVER call me back?

Why have I spent more time on installation than in my entire time (17 years) as a Sky customer?

Why does Virgin have no interest in their customers at all?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolutely awful customer service

Par for the course ... a failed company ... ripping profits from gullible customers.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they about to sell the company on.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
RickyW77
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1830 another 25mins on hold, spoke to Virgin operator who told me that I would get a call in 48 hours (24 more than yesterday - 'definitely be called back in 24 hours') and that I should stop calling them!  There is nothing else they can do.  Asked me what I wanted him to do.  I asked, I think quite reasonably, for an email confirming the contents of our conversation.  They are unable to email.

Why is a telecomms operation unable to email its customers?  They were happy to email sales material, happy to email and text about my planned joining but not happy to email me confirming content of our conversation.  The only reason for this can surely be that the content of the conversation is just not true.

0 Kudos
RickyW77
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

15 Feb 17

Another day

The lovely and helpful operator Sophie phoned back as promised (a first for VirginMedia), well done her.  Her message relayed that she had spoken to the regional manager who was trying to find a technician to do the install and I should have my phone on me anticipating a call back 'shortly'.

Despite Sophie's best efforts 'shortly' extends beyond the current time mark of 7 hours and 20 minutes, as there has been no further call.

0 Kudos
RickyW77
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

15 Feb 17

The Virginmedia twitter account has now helped to add some clarity when Merlin told me 'definitely 24 hours', when Santosh told me 48 hours, when Sophie told me shortly, what they meant to say was 48 working hours i.e. a working week.

So engineer doesn't show up and then they don't even have to call with an update for a week, never mind actually do anything to resolve the issue.

Word to the wise - if you are thinking of switching to VirginMedia make sure you don't cancel your existing subscription because they don't have to turn up, they don't have to call you and they don't have to install anything at any point.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

RickyW77 wrote:

15 Feb 17

The Virginmedia twitter account has now helped to add some clarity when Merlin told me 'definitely 24 hours', when Santosh told me 48 hours, when Sophie told me shortly, what they meant to say was 48 working hours i.e. a working week.

So engineer doesn't show up and then they don't even have to call with an update for a week, never mind actually do anything to resolve the issue.

Word to the wise - if you are thinking of switching to VirginMedia make sure you don't cancel your existing subscription because they don't have to turn up, they don't have to call you and they don't have to install anything at any point.

And there you have it in a nutshell.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
RickyW77
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

16 Feb 17

9am So after four days of stress hassle and regular chasing and with Sky cut off - finally it was picked up by DA on the Virginmedia twitter account, after webchat he opened complaint (pre-install team did not even suggest this) and got on the case.

By 12 I had an appointment for 3pm today.

1520 - engineer arrived and TV and Broadband have been installed :-)

Thanks to Dan for removing the blockages.

Finally the saga seems to be over.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there RickyW77,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about the drama with your install, it sounds really frustrating!

So pleased to hear a colleague has sorted this out for you, I appreciate your updates.

Please let me know if there's absolutely anything I can help with.

Hope you enjoy your new services,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos