Menu
Spod
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

70mb Speed Boost available - or is it?

Hi, like many I've had to join the Hub3.0 party, but thought at least this means I can finally accept the offer to upgrade to 70mb.speed boost. After all the email was a year ago, the text a few months ago and my account page shows that it's ready, just need to click on "Order Now".......

Invalid Bundle.

Huh?

So, scoured this forum. One other person's seen the same thing and seemed to have got sorted straight away, another tagged onto that thread but doesn't seem to have been noticed. So I decided to follow the instructions and phone 150.

"Its not available in my area yet". Say what?? So why email me, text me and say its there on my account page,surely it should still say its "on its way"?

Needless to say I just said thanks and ended the call but just can't help wondering if that's correct, chap on the phone really didn't come across too convincing. Anyone else have experience of the invalid bundle error meaning "not available yet" or am I right to be a tad suspicious of crossed-lines?

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 70mb Speed Boost available - or is it?

Hi Spod,

To be honest you are likely to have got through to their overseas call centre which based on personal experience doesn't seem to be very good for that type of enquiry.  You are best calling back and choosing the option that you are thinking of leaving Virgin Media.  This will put you through to their loyalty department based in the UK who are very good at assisting with things like this.

The 70Mbps free speed boost is definitely still available as I spoke to this same department about it last week.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Farhana
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I thought they got rid of the 70mb package. People who upgraded to the 70 mb package got a free boost to the 100 mb or something like that... so I've heard at least. 

0 Kudos
Spod
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently on 20mb, about a couple of years ago they offered 50mb but I didn't have a fast enough router and didn't need the speed. Then a year ago they offered 70mb, still didn't have the router or the need for speed. All recent emails and my profile page are offering the free 70mb speed boost - it just doesn't work when I click on it!
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Spod,

To be honest you are likely to have got through to their overseas call centre which based on personal experience doesn't seem to be very good for that type of enquiry.  You are best calling back and choosing the option that you are thinking of leaving Virgin Media.  This will put you through to their loyalty department based in the UK who are very good at assisting with things like this.

The 70Mbps free speed boost is definitely still available as I spoke to this same department about it last week.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos