Menu
blupanda
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5 Months, 3 Cancelled Installations...

I ordered broadband on 26th September and an engineer promptly turned up to mark out the area for construction work. However, when he returned 3 weeks later, he could not install anything as no construction work had been done. He seemed puzzled.

During countless phone calls, I was told that no construction work was needed because I had a '2' at the end of my account number. I explained that the '2' was probably due to a cancelled installation a year earlier under the same circumstances. I was not to be believed, so was assured that there was a 'loose wire' and it would be resolved in days. 

I was then given an install date for November, but this was again cancelled. However, I was not informed of the cancellation and only happen to notice as I checked my online account the night before, having already taken a second day off work.

On 24th December I was emailed to inform me that the 'loose wire' had been fixed and the install would go ahead in January. But guess what? The night before, I was called to say it had been cancelled as they needed to perform some construction work! No kidding.

So 3 weeks later the construction work was completed. Great, I thought, we are nearly there. Nope. 5 weeks later, having heard nothing, I called to find out the current situation. After 2 phone calls and 3 departments, I was told that there would be a delay as they needed to do some construction work! 

Finally beaten by your system, I asked to cancel everything. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then abruptly told that my account had been cancelled. But guess what? It hasn't.

How do I make this saga end?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 5 Months, 3 Cancelled Installations...

I'd just do nothing. Wait until they turn up and have pulled a new cable then cancel. Least that way if you do ever decide to get Virgin again it will go ahead.

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd just do nothing. Wait until they turn up and have pulled a new cable then cancel. Least that way if you do ever decide to get Virgin again it will go ahead.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there blupanda,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your install, it sounds like a headache!

I've looked at your account and from what I can tell, you've submitted a cancellation request.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all inconvenience caused, let me know if you'd like my help with anything.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
blupanda
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply. It's now been 2 weeks and my order has still not been cancelled. Surely it doesn't take over 14 days to cancel an order before installation?

I would like to sign up to a different supplier after 5 and a half months of delays but seem to still be being held hostage by Virgin Media.

Can you advise how long this will take?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello blupanda,

Oh no Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear this request hasn't completed yet. Would you please call in and talk to our Customer Relations team on 150 free from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to do the necessary.

Apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos