Menu
BuzzRog
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2nd Floor Apartment Install?

Virgin Media are currently installing the Fibre cables to our estate. I live in a 2nd floor apartment and would like to know how they would get the cables to my apartment? Would they use the internal cable access or just run the cable up to my apartment on the outside wall?

Many Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2nd Floor Apartment Install?

If apartments are cabled internally then a contribution to the costs are normally borne by the landlord, so unless there is an agreement in place now, the ducting will not enter the property. External wiring to individual apartments would require wayleave from both the landlord & whoever has the apartment/s below. This is also dependent on your local authority permitting visible external cabling on communal properties.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2nd Floor Apartment Install?

If apartments are cabled internally then a contribution to the costs are normally borne by the landlord, so unless there is an agreement in place now, the ducting will not enter the property. External wiring to individual apartments would require wayleave from both the landlord & whoever has the apartment/s below. This is also dependent on your local authority permitting visible external cabling on communal properties.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos