Menu
xraymark
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

200mb upgrade = no connection + no tv

first post on here as all has been well in the past!

200mb upgrade was scheduled for yesterday along with a new v6 box - just to be noted the night before the upgrade the TV' started "buffering" and lost sound... unconnected im told.

Day of the upgrade comes, internet dies before the new hub 3 goes in. Fitted the new hub anyway as told its a short term outage. No connection at all ( did register before calling ) green flashing base light, goes white flashes goes green static on and on.. call tech support that night, check connections etc etc no job - told to call back in the morning...

Call at 8am today, reset, reboot check connections blah blah.. there was an outage in the area, wait two hours.... nothing.

Another hour on the phone - i pointed out the SNR appears down after reading these forums - see attached screen grabs

engineer to attend site now for wednesday?!? During the conversation re this upgrade we were promised no down time - being an out of hours service manager industry this was critical...  

IMG-20170224-WA0000.jpgAnyone help?

PS all the cable tv boxes are dead too ( may have to shoot the children )

IMG-20170224-WA0000.jpgScreenshot_20170223-230754.pngScreenshot_20170223-230818.pngScreenshot_20170223-230827.pngScreenshot_20170223-230855.pngScreenshot_20170223-231038.png in the medical  

Anyone help?

0 Kudos
xraymark
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb upgrade = no connection + no tv

no replys then?

just to update this, credit where its due.

after several calls yesterday i ended up talking to the upgrade team (uk)

what a difference!! sorted my tv issue whilest on the phone (unlike the ten attempts from the none uk team)

now the infamous 200mb upgrade, the helpful guy tried several things but to no avail. i told him my engineer was booked for thursday but i needed the connection for work all weekend... with that he fired up the old router and gave me 150mb right there and then?!

Offshore technical support fails to understand the customers needs fullstop -leaves the customer offline for 7days.

UK team, awesome great job -solution provided, happy customer.

now i wait for my engineer visit thursday, at least i have a tv and a connection.

well done colin in the tv upgrade team i would give you a job anytime.

regards.

A.ServiceManager

0 Kudos