Menu
admanero
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

192.168.0.1 connection from Firefox

Upon receiving my new HUB 3.0 ...  I remove the very old equipment and have just proceeded to install the new one. I was able to connect to the router settings through 192.168.0.1 via direct ethernet connection from a Linux box with Firefox.  At that time the internet was not working.  Once activation went throught , internet started working I could connect from wireless and the linux box.  However , since then I am not able to connect to the router 192.168.0.1  from Firefox in the linux box, it goes into the input password and after entering the password it goes into a grey page with the message  "this page is loading , please wait for a moment" and it stays there forever.  I don' t understand why it worked out of the box but after the "connection"  it doesn' t work from Firefox in Linux!!   Anyone has seen this?  This is not acceptable as I work and connect mainly in Linux and the Windows 10 Home that I have I want to stop using it (I am going to move it to a virtual machine but I don t want to have to even start it eventually).  Right now I can only connect to the router settings from Windows 10 Home laptop.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 192.168.0.1 connection from Firefox

Hello admanero

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems connecting to the hub using Linux, I too use Linux on my home network and have no problems accessing the Hub 3 so i wonder what is going on.

I wonder if it is a firewall issue, are you per chance running one on your distro? Or perhaps try another browser, I can recommend Chromium if it is in your repos.

Perhaps a hub reset may help too Resetting your Virgin Media Hub

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
admanero
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still happens in firefox on CentOS 6.8.  I will look into installing Google Chrome on it just to access from the host operating system.  It is not a pressing problem because I am able to access it from virtualized Guest operating system  (Fedora with Google Chrome and Windows 10 Home with Edge) also I am able to access it from my laptop (Google Chrome in Fedora 25).  But definitely from Firefox in CentOS 6.8 is not possible to access the router config page.

I have tried already rebooting the Hub , the issue still remains.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

does firefox have a " safe mode" i.e. can you test run it with all addons disabled, it may be something obscure like an ad-block filter or proxy setting that is blocking the hub page. I assume you've already tried flushing the browser cache & history

0 Kudos