Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
conca32

reseting user/password on superhub

irecently moved house & cant remeber or find my user/password for my superhub. is there any way of returning it to factory settings, so i can choose another user/password

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

Re: reseting user/password on superhub

hold in the reset button for 30 seconds when powering it on.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
conca32

wheres the reset button. i've only seen a on/off button on the bottom. i have a netgear hub

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

it will be a pin hole reset. not sure where on that one you will need a pin or something small to press it
Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

[ Edited ]

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
slasha666

Make sure you're already holding the reset button in before powering the hub back up and hold for 30 secs..

Use small screwdriver or pen to hold in reset button.

On the superhub the reset is on the opposit side from the 3 front lights, towards the bottom!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
DJ_Fletch

Re: resetting user/password on superhub

Holding the reset button on the same side as the power button for 30 seconds when the Super Hub is powering up does not reset my Super Hub back to factory defaults.

I do not have a Reset to Factory settings button on the back of the hub like the diagram above shows. Is there anything else I could do to get it to reset as I have forgotten my admin username and password.

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
lojelo5

[ Edited ]

The reset button is a small pin hole about 2inches on the same side as the power button on the superhub.

The power button is on the opposite side of the virgin led, which should be the left hand side when your looking at the front of the hub.

You will need a pin to reset it, put the pin in the hole and keep it pushed in until all the lights turn blue. Once the lights have turned blue it will then restart itself.

The default username and password is

username = admin

password = changeme

Now if that doesn't reset it to factory default then you need to go into the hub settings click on the "superhub settings" tab and you will see the option to reset to factory settings.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jchander

hi

just had the super hub installed

can not connect onto hub

connected lan cabel from hub to laptop tried to go in on http://192.168.0.1

but get no response

can you help please

wireless not working

only works via lan cable no go =od to me

regards

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi jchander,

Have you set your Superhub to modem-mode? If so, the address is 192.168.100.1, and only the first ethernet port will work. If you the reset the Superhub to factory defaults the wireless function will be enabled again.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.