Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Brainbox
makka

harrasment calls from 0151 477 4600

12 times a day, constantly ringing mobile and land line doing my **bleep** head in ! the bill has been payed , it was late as i switched jobs and had to do my month in hand , these people are rude , do not understand or talk english very well and if they continue to harrass me i will cancel all my services, report them to the police and remove the ilegally placed cables on my property feeding the next door house as you didnt want to the job properly and dig up there tarmac.......further more i think its bloody disgusting that they tell people there gonna cut them off and have to set up a direct debit account to continue services ,and asking for the password over the phone with no proof of who they are ?????  sureley to god they know the password and only need to confirm name and addy , very bad code of practice asking for passwords like that.

DISGUSTING SERVICE !

Please use plain text.
Wizard
vinylweatherman

Re: harrasment calls from 0151 477 4600

It may well be illegal, but not in the way you think. There are strict rules governing how debt recovery procedures are implemented, and one rule is that they are not permitted to wear down the debtor through multiple calls day in and day out. If you have now settled the account, even a single call is in breach of these rules.

It is one hazard of giving a business too many methods with which to make contact. Since it is a single number each time, you may be able to block it such that your phone doesn't ring, or send the caller straight to answering machine. This will leave you undisturbed by a ringing phone when this number is calling.

It is the constant bombardment of calls from PPI recovery companies, fake surveys, and fake prize notifications that has made me take a deeper look into how to kill these nuisance calls, yet still have the phone ring for friends and family.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
makka

you wouldnt mind but i explained the first time they rang , ( a couple of days before i settled the acc) i then recieve a further 8 call's in the same day and was told to continue my services i would need to set up direct debit with them over the phone (utter nonsense as spoke to virgin through 150 yesterday about it)  directly up untill 24 hrs after the bill had been paid and i gave them a piece of my mind over the phone , It should not get to the point where customers feel that way ! ive been with them for well over 5 years and odviously always paid there bill for top packages even when i couldnt really afford it, i have 3 loyalty discounts on the acc , i realy dont expect to be treated and hassled like that !

with that done with , yeah good idea with blocking the numbers on the mobile, not sure how i would do it on the land line tho , feed up of those energy companys constantly ringing and the fake scammers that tell you that your pc is knackered and they need to access it to clean it for you ! like where bloody stupid . lol

Please use plain text.
Wizard
vinylweatherman

These scam calls are a real pain. The providers are years behind when it comes to offering us effective blocking tools. The "gold standard" is the one where they block all "withheld numbers". The scammers have moved beyond this to faking CLI such that this tool no longer works. Since they use so many different numbers, the block 10 specific numbers tool is no good either. We either need a very long blacklist, certainly more than 10, or a "block all numbers like <pattern>" tool. A similar whitelist tool could be just as effective, accepting only those numbers that start with genuine UK codes, such as 01, 02, 03, 08. The CLI fakers often load any old number, and it is obviously fake.

The best tool I have found is the "TrueCall" box. Costs just under £100, and sits as gatekeeper between the socket and the phone. The phone won't even ring if the TrueCall decides the call is unwanted. The carriers just aren't interested in providing better tools at the exchange, so consumers have to buy "clever phones" to combat the problem.

It woudn't be necessary if the laws were actually enforced, and in this case, UK based companies actually obeyed UK laws.

As you have the caller's number, it should be easy to make a formal complaint. OFCOM have the necessary information to determine which company sits behind this number, and will not have to rely on asking the caller and getting them to spill the beans.

In fact, direct debit would save you £5 per month off your bill, and a further £1.50 can be saved by opting for online billing. This would be a better way of encouraging you to consider direct debit than harrasment.

If you really can't afford the package, consider doing without some aspects of it by ringing the retentions team. You never know, you might even get loyalty discount number 4 rather than them losing you to another provider.

Freesat + Netflix may work out to be a much cheaper option than a VM service. It is for me, and it even works far better than the VM box.

Please use plain text.