Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
bcathcart

changing bank details

I have been trying to change my bank payment details to a new account for three months now. The online option will not work, emails are ignored, letter also ignored, phone help is the usual gabbling idiot totally unable to grasp the concept of this simple task. Only option now seems to be to close the account.this has become urgent as the present bank account is due for closure very soon . I cannot understand why VM customer service is so bad. What is the best strategy for quick termination of this account. I have a BT line and can change quickly. Thanks for any help. BC.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

Re: changing bank details

ring 150 from vm phone - option 5 option 2 - ignore the i want to leave messages - it might not be the right dept - but its a UK call centre and they will either sort it or pass you to whoever can

nobody can help here because of DPA

Tony
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bcathcart

Hi, thanks for the info, the 150 number is mostly useless due to being always engaged. On more than one occasion  on 150 I have been assured that this is being dealt with but nothing happens. I am really looking now just to get away from VM as smoothly as possible thus any info on how this can be done would be welcome. Is there no official body that can enact sanctions against this shambles. Trading Standards say that I must use VM's complaint system first and exhaust all avenues before they can act. As most know  the VM complaints is a carefully constructed  circular nightmare leading any normal person to give up. VM is no longer worth the bother of dealing with them, a complete disgrace.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

the number sequance i gave is usually pretty quick - they are open 8 'till 8 - closed sundays - i can say i have never had an engaged tone and usually am speaking to someone within a few minutes

its not India - that certainly can be a nightmare

Tony
Please use plain text.