Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
ferguslokc

cant get into 192.168.0.1

hi, i have been trying to get into 192.168.0.1 but still cannot

i have already restart the superhub, connecting the model with a lan cable, double check the default gateway with cmd, it just doesnt load up at all.

sometime when it load up, i just cannot get thru the username and password page. it doesnt even say wrong password or anything. then after trying many time. there is a msg pop out saying something like the password and username have change to default settings.

i want to get into the wifi setting to change the channel, i have been discounting while i use the wifi to get online.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: cant get into 192.168.0.1

Modem Config should be 192.168.100.1 then User and Password is 'root'

Try that.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

192.168.100.1 and root/root is the access for Ambit cable modem.

The OP has a Superhub, not a cable modem

see:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/How-to-view-your-modem-configuration-pages/...

you could try a pinhole reset

Superuser
nodrogd

Oops!

Of course the OP isn't using Modem Mode either, for which it would be correct.

Silly me !

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi ferguslokc,

can you ping the default gateway address ok? I would also try clearing cache and cookies in internet explorer and setting the browser settings back to defaults. I would also try accessing via a different browser. Do you have any other pc that you can check access with?

If all else fails then a factory reset of the router may be required.

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
delusive

Factory reset :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Mark_Wilco

Hi ferguslokc

Did you get into the config eventually?

Mark_Wilco
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dttr

Re: cant get into 192.168.0.1 and have Reset (repeatedly)

Can’t access VM SuperHub settings on 192.168.0.1 although internet runs! So similar to this thread but reset doesn't solve it.

My SuperHub replaces a failed modem (and old Belkin wifi router). Activating SuperHub needed VM Technical Support but we couldn’t access SuperHub settings although could access internet.  A few hours on phone and remote control and several SuperHub resets later we did get access to Settings, once, and made a few changes to Wireless as suggested by Jason.  But I haven’t been able to access Settings again; I can't get through the User ID-Password page; it just continues to search! I've tried reset (and lost recommended Wireless changes) and so ALL Settings are still on default.  Tried "cmd"; "ping 192.168.0.1" and works OK. Tried both the PC and laptop; Windows Firewall off, and BitDefender TS2012 tried on and off (and set  “192.168.0.1” as "allowed" in Adapter/Zone and a few other settings suggested by BitDefender Tech Support). 

Anyone had a similar problem and BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE IT CONFIDENTLY?  

PC is Windows 7 Pro 64bit, IE9 and Ethernet wired to SuperHub.  Laptop is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit but wifi connection and Chrome (and IE9).  Both connect to internet OK, just unable to access SuperHub settings.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
delusive

It would be worth trying another machine if you can, just to rule out anything software related. If that doesn't work I'd ask to get a replacement SH assuming you've got nothing else on your LAN that could be causing the problem.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dttr

Was indeed worth trying; (and was a back-up plan to borrow son's laptop and try with that). This ran XP but accessed the SH settings well thru WiFi. Then realised (Dooooh) that I have Virtual PC-XP mode on my PC (used under Win 7 Pro occassionally for an old database). That accessed the SH reasonably promptly; not as quickly and cleanly as the old laptop though. Still can't access it directly through Win 7 etc but the XP mode is good enough to change the security passwords etc. Some gremlin in the system between the Win 7 Pro and SH. I have forgotten some of the changes suggested by Tech Support but things seem OK with default (other than passwords, SSID etc)

Please use plain text.