Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
bex8712

cancelling

i'd like to cancel my virgin media package as i am leaving the country in september.ive got tv+phoneline+broadband, im a national customer

how much does it generally cost to cancel? i am in an 18month contract and would have about 9 months left on the contract...

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: cancelling

Details can be found here http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-dis...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bex8712

isnt that for cable customers though?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Ooops, apologies missed the 'National' bit in your original post.

I'm not sure what the National costs would be, a call to Customer Services would be the best bet.

However I do know that there is a 'cease' fee that is payable (as per the terms):

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-national-services/national-bro...

If you cancel your services and do not request and/or use a MAC to transfer your internet access service, or your new service provider does not use a MAC or another recognised transfer process to transfer your internet access service, you will have to pay us what is known as a “cease” charge. This is to cover the cease charges that we are required to pay to our wholesale service providers and associated administration costs. You will also be charged a disconnection fee if your servicesare terminated by us for non-payment of charges. The disconnection fee will not be payable where you are moving address and you have subscribed to Virgin Media's National or cable broadband services at your new address (although an administration fee may be payable in respect of your move). Please note that this disconnection fee applies during and after the end of theminimum period. Therefore, if your services are cancelled within the minimum period, this disconnection fee may be charged in addition to the price of your equipment under section J3(a) above

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi bex8712,

Sorry to hear your leaving us.

The best thing to do regarding cancelling your account is to give our customer service team a call they will be able to advise you on all the relevant information needed, You can call them on 0845 454 2222 (chargeable).

Leanne K
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.