Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
spektus

Virgin Media Super Hub following ports

Hello,

i have problem with my devices connections. Please help me sort out my problem.

PROBLEM :

When denon avr 1912 playing internet radio it get disconnected after a while. Same with iTunes AirPlay and serviio (DLNA) it get disconnected after a while.

Sony Vaio vpceb3f4e Win 7 64bit other Devices:

Denon AVR 1912 (network a/v receiver), Samsung LE40D580 (tv), Microsoft Xbox 360 (console).

Broadband- Virgin Media Super Hub (Netgear)

Extender- Netgear WN2000RPTv2 Universal WiFi Range Extender .

software Serviio-0.6.2, iTunes 10.6.1.

Connection is from outside coming coaxial cable to Virgin Media Super Hub (Netgear) then wireless to Netgear WN2000RPTv2 extender from extender LAN cable to Denon AVR 1912 also connected Samsung le40d580 and Xbox 360. Laptop is connected to Virgin Media Hub wireless.

Denon avr 1912 - DHCP mode on (extender and broadband hub DHCP mode on too).

Firewall – laptop off, broadband hub off, extender no option to switch on/off.

Denon Product Support Advisor advised: “The following ports have to be opened on your router at all times for network use:- Router Ports: 3813, 443, 80, 8080, 5020” on broadband hub need set Local IP Address for current IP , but after disconnect receiver and extender IP always changed.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

Re: Virgin Media Super Hub following ports

The Hubs NAT can cause problems you must buy your own router connect it to the hub with the hub in modem mode.
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi spektus,

Sorry you've been experiencing problems, forthcoming firmware updates on the SuperHub may help alleviate this, until then the advice from legacy1 is the best option.

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spektus

okay I want try open following ports on Netgear VMDG480 (Virgin Media super hub) http://screenshots.portforward.com/Netgear/VMDG480/Port_Blocking.jpg but every time I connect with differed IP and I not know which IP i have write.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

[ Edited ]

Your denon avr 1912 does not need port forwarding the ports listed by Denon Product Support Advisor advised are outgoing where the NAT maps the incoming traffic to the outgoing traffic the problem is the hub in router mode that does NAT does not do this correctly for some Apps or devices this is why you need your own router with the hub in modem mode.

Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Constantos

The 192.168.0. IP is related to the router side of things.

If you don't turn off your router/superb then it saves your devices in the order they are turned on and given access to the net.

If your PC was first turned on then that gets 192.168.0.100 but if your PS3 was second then that gets 192.168.0.101 and then an xbox gets 102 and maybe your ipad or phone gets 103...

I can turn my PC and all other devices off at night and when I turn them on the following day they are still saved as those unless I reboot the router.

You need to find out what one has been assigned to the computer/laptop/whatever you want the ports opened on and then put that one in. If you want a port opened for the computer then you put 100. If it was the ps3 then its 101...

Downside to this is if you reboot your router then turn your ipad or phone on to use the Internet first then that takes the 100 number and then you have to add a new rule.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spektus

its looks that legacy1 is right. and which router recommend for me?

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

I suggest any router with Gb ports and IPv6 ready.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
spektus

if i make modem mode on virgin super hub (its disable wireless signal) i connect Netgear WNDR3400 do it solve my problem?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

@spektus yes when you using modem mode, it will disable all security/config settings eg port fowarding etc.. and can use your netgear router for all features
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.