on 17-02-2010 09:31
I am unable to access certain websites, including my own. At first I thought it was just one server but now it appears to be more than one server but at the same datacentre. The key facts are:
1. It has worked fine for years up until last week
2. It is not a browser issue because I can access the sites on this PC using a neighbour's wireless connection (BT)
3. It is not an antivirus issue or firewall issue for the same reason
4. A Virgin technician at the call-centre is able to access my site so Virgin are not blocking the sites
5. It is not a router issue because it happens whether I connect to Virgin wirelessly or via cable into the modem
6. I also cannot access email or FTP on any of the affected servers
I would love your feedback. Please try accessing these sites and let me know whether you can get to them or not:
The first three are on the same server, the fourth is on a different server at the same datacentre.
on 17-02-2010 13:19
I have the same problem, but no answer.
I came back from holiday to find this problem. I have rebooted my modem and wireless router without success.
I suspect that the problem is with Virgin, but do not have much faith in their help desk.
on 17-02-2010 14:45
The problem got stranger when I discovered that in fact my neighbour was also on Virgin!
When I contacted my hosting company they found that for some reason my IP address had been blocked by their firewall and the problem is now resolved.