Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
IVORYDOLPHIN

RECOMMEND A FRIEND

:manmad: Has anyone else had problems with the recommend a friend insentive ?????????

like most familys one household joined virgin and recommended another family member etc etc, all my family have moved to virgin over the last 12 months or so. previous bonus my brother had credited to his acc and my dads whos name he gave in etc within 8wks. both acc,sorted. everyone else has been ok, my dad handed my details in, six months on, million e mails, messages tel calls and neither my dad or me have had the bonus credit on our acc and we are all ok with rules etc, plus i have been asked to do the same for my friend and neighbour, use the friend form ??? oh no, cant be so easy, it will not at all, recognise my virgin acc no.

rang instead handed my friends details in they contacted him, set it all up on phone, then nothing no services !

I GIVE IN, WONT BE RECOMMENDING ANYONE EVER AGAIN !

:smileymad:

T
xXx
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
carlwaring

Re: RECOMMEND A FRIEND

How many recommends worked and how many didn't? The point is, don't give up just because one failed. I hope you get the problem sorted, but personally, I wouldn't be so quick to give up £30 off my bill :smileyhappy:

IVORYDOLPHIN

:womansurprised: OOOoooo im not giving up hun, ive given them a lovely long e mail, repeting all the info they asked for, AGAIN !! and shall we say expressing my opinion as to the way they run there company as a whole really, and if its not sorted and acc credited by end of month  all services , so would other households in the family-friends, plenty of companies to choose from, and cheaper, these days so im not going to fold just yet, lol.

ive sent it to all the e mail address for virgin, all dtpts etc, as i got passed around so much i thought they may all like to have a copy,

other recomend a friends bonus that have been paid were, up to me knowing, not the start of the string,

cousin to my bro - both acc paid,

bro to aunt - both paid

aunt to bro - both paid (this one was really fast, paid 1st months debit and it was in acc before 2nd debit was taken)

bro to dad -paid both acc quick too

dad to me -NOT PAID !:womansad:

5 HOUSEHOLDS UP TO ME KNOWING. it may be nothing to them as far as custom goes but thats how companys grow and they should be looking after customers from day 1 and doing what they say they will !

T
xXx
Please use plain text.
sameoh

Hello,I'm not even sure if I'm on the right board...if not,I'm sorry............I recommended a friend(friend connect)virgin came to connect her services today,now,in the first call to connect this friend.I told customer services she wanted the basic package which I have...T.V.with limited channels like living and a couple more,she also wanted(as i have)broadband and phone line ..after 6 and at weekends...Yes they said no problem...that will be £30 per month, ..not the case..they came today ...fitted the phone line and broadband, said they would be back shortly with the box for t,v.  and dissappeared...when she phoned virgin they told her"if you want t.v.aswell it will be £36 odd per month"...this is so wrong! I had spoke to them and told them exactly what she wanted and my friend had told them so.WHY have they tried to pull one over on her!.she will probably cancel as she is so angry,I cant wait to hear what they will "make up" tomorrow...as for the" £50 connect a friend"I have noticed,people on hear quoting £30...my how clever is virgin...their not even sure of the price,well virgin !I think you have lost a potential customer"  ..and 3 other friends who wanted to connect...what do you have to say now!...more waffle i suppose.

writing on behalf of a very IRATE friend

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
billyr1

Unless you dislike them then no i would not, even then unlikely i am not that cruel !.

Please use plain text.
sameoh

Hi .billyr1...............thanks for the advice....you are spot on........I am having no luck with the "connect a friend"con.............I phoned and spoke to so many people only to have to hold on.to which it goes dead then i have to start all over again......my friend still has the wrong package....Avery nice lady spoke to me yesterday .i gave her all the info for my friend,told her she only wanted the smallest basic package of the 3 services...they phoned her this morning saying it would be £35.75. for the first 3 months no idea how much after that(friend is a bit slow on these things,didn't ask.).....I think they have took advantage of this..they tried to tell her they would"give her the box free instead of charging her the £49.95,ITS FREE THROUGH CONNECT A FRIEND!......I think i will check out another company for her and myself.......total shambles with virgins "deals"

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
MarkUK

It shouldnt fail though. how hard can it be to do the necessary paper work to get them the money take off their bills. If Virgin cant manage to get cash taken off bills when youve gone through the trouble of referring people to Virgin they should discontinue the recommend a friend all together

Please use plain text.